3 replies to this topic

#1 kati

kati

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

I stumbled onto this forum and was hoping someone might be able to help me self-diagnose. I have been to a couple of different holistic Docs who tested me and said I was allergic to wheat, barley, corn, etc etc. Anyway, I suffered through a 2 year long bout of gas, gurling tummy, stomach pains and loose bm's... it cleared up for a while once I went ot an allergist who told me to avoid the wheat and stuff... anyway in November my stomach problems came back with a vengence... and it has been constant since then - just terrible. I do not want a diagnosis mentioning any "disease" on my medical records as we are really close to completing an international adoption and that would look bad on our medical reports... so I picked up a magazine in Sprouts on Saturday and it described exactly what I was going through.... so I guess what I am looking for is confirmation of sorts that this could be the answer to my problems.... any advice, information etc would be great.. thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:01 PM

This website along with the message board has a plethora of information. You might want to try looking on the site and searching the message board for the great information.
-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 SadiesMomma

SadiesMomma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:28 PM

What sorts of things are you allergic to?
I too am allergic to corn, wheat, dairy, soy, nuts, eggs.. you name it its probably on my forbidden list.

Were all here to help... The site is wonderful and can help you learn a LOT about Celiac. Good luck. and congrats on the new soon to be kiddo in your lives!
~*HEATHER*~
Living gluten-free, Egg, Dairy, Nut, Soy, and Corn Free since Winter/Spring 2003

Fathers be good to your daughters,
Daughters will love like you do,
Girls become lovers who turn in Mothers,
So mothers be good to your daughters too.

#4 kati

kati

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:20 PM

SadiesMomma - I sound like you.... I am allergic to bananas, potatoes, corn (in any form) pectin, brocolli, cauliflower, buckwheat, wheat, soy, dairy, and the list goes on...... in reality I seriously think I have celiac disease, apparently my Mother said we were all allergic to milk when we were kids (all 6 of her kids) grrr she only told me this on Sunday.... I still eat bannana's and some of the veggies, even though the allergist told me that I am allergic to them, its just that there is a limit to not eating... lol... I am going to avoid gluten from now on, and dairy of course.. "rice milk is my friend" I will see how it goes.... I am fairly certain that I can control my "IBS" like symptoms this way....
Thanks for the congrats on the kiddies...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: