5 replies to this topic

#1 LDJofDenver

LDJofDenver

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Although I have to say that, for packing a sandwich, Udi's is my favorite -- Rudi's gluten free breads are pretty darn good, too.

Much to my delight our local Costco is carrying Rudi's gluten-free bread! (this is the Costco between Hampden & Oxford, on Santa Fe - Denver CO) We all know how costly our breads are, and this is a good savings, you get 2 loaves for $6.89.

Just FYI!
Diagnosed 8-8-08 (I think I'll remember that date!)
Positive blood panel
Endoscopy a little later on confirmed, via Small Intestine Biopsy
Adult son diagnosed Celiac in his late 20s
Suspect my Mother undiagnosed Celiac

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

If you haven't...try toasting it, as in grilled cheese! IT is THE BESTTTT!!!!

They said on their FB page that they will post a list of COSTCO's that are caring it, once they know it is on the shelves.

#3 AngieH

AngieH

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the head up. That's a great deal for 2 loaves. I sure like it when we can help each other out. Especially when it saves us money and time!

Angie.

#4 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I so hope our Costco's here in the Phoenix valley carry them soon! I pay 6.99 a loaf for Rudi's at Whole Foods. That would be like half price at Costco! And we really like the Rudi's bread too. Thanks for the heads up!

#5 gramma elaine

gramma elaine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

I've only recently heard of Udi's and Rudi's bread. I'm going to go to our local Costco and ask if they could carry gluten free bread. I'm in British Colombia Canada. Our best local bakery carry's gluten-free bread but wants $11.00 a loaf. I understand you can make gluten-free bread in a bread machine, any one tried it?

#6 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

I've only recently heard of Udi's and Rudi's bread. I'm going to go to our local Costco and ask if they could carry gluten free bread. I'm in British Colombia Canada. Our best local bakery carry's gluten-free bread but wants $11.00 a loaf. I understand you can make gluten-free bread in a bread machine, any one tried it?

Man, I know how you feel. I'm in Alberta and am seeing the same prices but we have no bakery in town - the nearest gluten-free bread is 3 hours' drive to Edmonton. So, I make my own bread (not in a maker) and am having good success. Whilst I like Udi bread ($8.99) my homemade is better. I'm still experimenting, though.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: