#1 glutenfreegirl

glutenfreegirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if you can help me?? I just noticed that many of the shampoos, hair colors, mascara etc I am using have gluten in them. I was under the understanding you did not need to use gluten-free products that are not being ingested....I am however beginning to wonder if this in NOT true as being 100% gluten-free for a while now, I still have digestive and itchy skin issues....was I miss informed should my body products and make up be gluten-free??/ any help would be so appreciated...

Enjoy
celiac blood test positve 11/10
stool test postive 2009

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beefree11

beefree11

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

Well, could it be similar to cross contamination? I think so. I know my daughter won't use items containing gluten. She does get symptoms: rash, itchiness, etc. But there could also be damage underway once it gets into your bloodstream, via skin. I would not take the chance. :)
"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them -- every day begin the task anew."

Saint Francis de Sales

#3 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if you can help me?? I just noticed that many of the shampoos, hair colors, mascara etc I am using have gluten in them. I was under the understanding you did not need to use gluten-free products that are not being ingested....I am however beginning to wonder if this in NOT true as being 100% gluten-free for a while now, I still have digestive and itchy skin issues....was I miss informed should my body products and make up be gluten-free??/ any help would be so appreciated...

Enjoy

There's a wonderful online site that sells gluten free shampoo and body products. It's called Body Sense and isn't too expensive. You just have to make sure you go to the gluten-free section.

I'll post their link below.

Loey

http://www.BodySense.com/Gluten-Free-Products-s/67.htm

#4 Strawberry_Jam

Strawberry_Jam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

how do you know they have gluten? what are some of the ingredients you often find?

I can't seem to figure out what ingredients to look out for besides things that obviously say "wheat..." whatever...

gluten-free 25 Feb 2011
soy-free 30 March 2011

dairy-free 30 August 2011 (roughly)

25 yrs old
diagnosed Celiac through biopsy and blood test (WAY positive) as of 25 Feb 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: