7 replies to this topic

#1 suepooh4

suepooh4

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hi, Has anyone tried the Gluten Free Bisquick? If you haven't yet I highly recommend it. I made the chicken strips recipe on the box, and buscuits that taste JUST LIKE Red Lobster cheese buscuits. Also made the pancakes, they were awesome, it was the first time my husband, Jeff has had pancakes in 5 years. I just wish the Bisquick box was bigger.
Sue

Husband diagnosed with Celiac 4/2006
Positive blood test, verified through biopsy

We have four children (no signs yet) Knock on wood

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 armac1

armac1

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

That's good to hear. I just found the gluten-free Bisquick this evening @ Walmart of all places. Plan to have pancakes tomorrow for breakfast

#3 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings

Just a few days ago, I made the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings recipe. It was made with Bisquick. I had never eaten chicken and dumplings before this. This was the most fantastic recipe I tried so far. I LOVED it! Google the title above. Really simplistic ingredients. I substituted some veggies I had in the freezer and used dried parsley in the sauce instead of in the bread part. Other than that I followed the recipe. Leftovers were also great. I will be making this again! A MUST TRY!

Wenmin

#4 captaincrab55

captaincrab55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Working on our third box, Great product.....
I'm a New Man Without GLUTEN!

#5 SuziQT0322

SuziQT0322

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I made the gluten-free Corndogs with my youngest last night. All I told the older ones was that we were having Corndogs for supper. My DD and I just looked at each other with huge grins when they all wanted more than what we had made. Then we told them.....They were not expecting the corndogs to be gluten-free. I loved the simplicity of the recipe...I got it from General Mills Company website...
http://www.liveglute...ly.com/Recipes/ try this for the little ones.. you can even make them ahead and freeze I would assume if you wanted to use as after school snacks. But I am finding a lot of recipes from going to the gluten-free product websites. Try and enjoy.

#6 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

I made the gluten-free Corndogs with my youngest last night. All I told the older ones was that we were having Corndogs for supper. My DD and I just looked at each other with huge grins when they all wanted more than what we had made. Then we told them.....They were not expecting the corndogs to be gluten-free. I loved the simplicity of the recipe...I got it from General Mills Company website...
http://www.liveglute...ly.com/Recipes/ try this for the little ones.. you can even make them ahead and freeze I would assume if you wanted to use as after school snacks. But I am finding a lot of recipes from going to the gluten-free product websites. Try and enjoy.

I've made corndogs by cutting hotdogs into bite size pieces and baking them in a gluten free better of corn bread, along with a few cubes of velveeta cheese. You don't get the corn dog on the stick experience, but I usually serve it over a bed of chilli and WOW! what a good dinner....

Wenmin

#7 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

That's good to hear. I just found the gluten-free Bisquick this evening @ Walmart of all places. Plan to have pancakes tomorrow for breakfast

I found it at my local Walmart also,, and it was one of the few gluten free mixes I would use.I really liked the biscuits and the pancakes soo yummy :)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#8 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

Has anyone made sausage balls with this? My first attempt was not so good. I'm wanting to make them for the Superbowl tomorrow. Thanks! I thought of following the online recipe and omit the rosemary( I dislike)etc.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: