#1 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:52 AM

Hi Everyone,
I think my daughter may have DH. I was looking for some good reading material which would be more specific about DH. I know you have to stay away from anything with Iodine. I want something to give her that addresses the diet, treatment, etc. Thanks in advance!

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:56 AM

I wish I did. The only information I really have (besides reading articles online) is from people I have met with DH (a whopping 3!!) and a DH forum at http://www.dermatiti...tiformis.org.uk (enter at your own risk, some people don't seem very nice).

One thing I have learned through asking others and personal experience is to avoid UV light exposure. I have been using spf 50 sunscreen religiously and I think it was helping, but of course it's not a magic shield either so I try to stay out of the sun as much as I can.

Good luck, I'll be interested to see if others can recommend some good books.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:37 AM

I don't know of a book specifically about DH, but the diet is the same as the celiac disease "diet," except that some people also must avoid iodine for a while.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: