2 replies to this topic

#1 swinne

swinne

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hi. I am new to this site. I was wondering if it is possible for a bakery to be both a regular & gluten free bakery?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Yes. PJ's Bakery in southwest Missouri is both. She does all of the glutenfree baking by special order, on Sundays and Mondays. She completely scrubs out the kitchen beforehand, and does not have anything with gluten in the kitchen when she bakes. She is planning to build another kitchen at the back of her bakery to meet the demand for glutenfree products. Hers are very delicious, and she ships across the United States.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#3 swinne

swinne

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

Yes. PJ's Bakery in southwest Missouri is both. She does all of the glutenfree baking by special order, on Sundays and Mondays. She completely scrubs out the kitchen beforehand, and does not have anything with gluten in the kitchen when she bakes. She is planning to build another kitchen at the back of her bakery to meet the demand for glutenfree products. Hers are very delicious, and she ships across the United States.

Thanks for the input. I probably won't go that route. I'll just stick to gluten free for now. Would you say that it is also very important to be, say, dairy & egg free? Any other suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: