5 replies to this topic

#1 JBaby

JBaby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

I ordered from the celiac menu; chili, side salad w/ranch dressing and mashed potatoes w/out gravy. I snuck a green bean from my boyfriends plate. He had 3 bean salad. Do you think the pesky green bean got me? I thought he had said he put balsamic vinagrette on it himself but that wasnt what he said. It sits in a marinade. 3 bean salad isnt on the celiac menu nor is the salad bar. What are your thoughts. I never had 3 bean salad anywhere so i dont know whats in it. Like I said, I thought BF said he put his own dressing on it. He feels horrible right now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

If the 3-bean salad and the salad bar aren't on the celiac menu... and you ate a bean from that salad and got your salad at the salad bar... I think you found your answer. It could have been either... or both! The bean salad wasn't on the celiac menu for a reason and salad bars are notorious for cross contamination.
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#3 JBaby

JBaby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

My salad was not from the salad bar. I ordered my 3 items separate. Only the string bean was from the salad bar. My 1st sentence in my post says..."i ordered from the celiac menu".....not the salad bar.

#4 JBaby

JBaby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

Here is ENP"s response. A mystery what got to me.

I have personally spoken to the Director of Menu Development, and he sent the following information:

The three bean salad is a product of Hanover Foods and does not contain any wheat based products. It is simple beans, water vinegar, sugar, onions, red peppers, salt, turmeric, natural flavorings and garlic powder.

The mashed potatoes are a product of Basic American Foods and are gluten friendly as well. It is made with potato, shortening, milk, salt, sugar, mono and diglycerides, phosphate, and sodium bisulfate.

I hope that this is helpful, and if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me at comments@eatnpark.com or (412) 461-2000 x 1227. Thank you, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day J

#5 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him? ;)

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 JBaby

JBaby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Yeah seriously. BF thinks it was the Vinagrette he added to something else that was on his plate and mingled with the bean I ate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: