Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Soy-Free Gum?

7 posts in this topic

I cannot tolerate ANY soy, including soy oil or soy lecithin. Besides Glee Gum (which I don't prefer), does anyone know of any gluten-free AND soy-free chewing gum?? Thanks!

Ads by Google:

I had no idea gum had soy in it.

I have never even thought of checking for that and I avoid soy too.

Hope you get an answer.

Sadly basically all gum has soy lecithin in it. . . I swear that stealthy soy sneaks up in the craziest of places! It seems as though soy oil and lecithin are in basically every single processed food out there. Thank heavens for companies like Enjoy Life and Udi's that guarantee no gluten OR soy, among other common allergens/intolerances!

I've been unable to find any soy-free gum (oil and lecithin get me too). I'd never heard of Glee Gum, but I looked it up and it's got other stuff I can't handle. :( I really miss gum!

Okay...I *think* I hit the jackpot, per the labeling (assuming it's correct, although I've had no problems yet)...

Trident White Wintergreen (in the Teal package)

Other Trident White flavors DO have soy lecithin, but this flavor does not seem to have that wretched ingredient. It is not listed in the ingredients, and I have not had any ill-effects of soy since I've started chewing it...

I always check the back of the package before I buy, though, just to make sure they haven't changed the ingredients. Let me know if you try it and it works!

A

Okay...I *think* I hit the jackpot, per the labeling (assuming it's correct, although I've had no problems yet)...

Trident White Wintergreen (in the Teal package)

Other Trident White flavors DO have soy lecithin, but this flavor does not seem to have that wretched ingredient. It is not listed in the ingredients, and I have not had any ill-effects of soy since I've started chewing it...

I always check the back of the package before I buy, though, just to make sure they haven't changed the ingredients. Let me know if you try it and it works!

A

REALLY!!!!!! :wub: before I get too excited :P could you post the ingredients list PLEASSSSSE

** BOY I MISS GUM**

http://www.stockngo.com/white-wintergreen-12-pieces.html?gclid=CNye56PBn6cCFYnd4AodkDWIKg

Ingredients: Sorbitol , Gum Base , Maltitol , Mannitol , Natural and Artificial Flavoring , Less than 2% of: Acacia , Acesulfame Potassium , Aspartame , BHT , Candelilla Wax , Glycerin , Sodium Stearate and Titanium Dioxide.

Same as what it says on the packages I have! :D