This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Great Chicken Bites

KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

2 days ago at a local health food store I found chicken bites that said gluten free right on them. We then got a bag and tried them and let me tell you these are addicting(and I am a pretty picky eater). They taste exactly like normal ones so we went back and took every last one from their shelf.

They are by Wellshire Farms and they are Wellshire kids chicken bites. They look and taste exactly like normal ones..nobody could even tell a difference.

Has anyone else tried these? If you haven't I would definitely recommend them

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Hey. I know Ian's are pretty controversial--you like 'em or you don't. And you tried those and liked them as I did...how do the ones you mentioned compare to Ian's? THanks :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I personally thought Ian's were ok and I ate them but compared to these ...they just don't compare in my opinion

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Those sound good! I hope they have them in Canada! What do they use instead of wheat?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Ok here are all of the ingredients from the bag. It also says gluten free and dairy free.

Chicken meat, battered and breaded with rice flour, water, yellow corn flour, tapioca dextrin, salt, corn starch, spices, onion powder,garlic powder, paprika, extractives of paprika and tumeric, yeast extract, natural flavors, soybean oil, tumeric, beet powder, malic acid, lecithin (breading set in soybean oil)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

The first one... and it has the nutritional info link...can't wait to try!

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Oh YUM! Those look so good. Thanks for telling us about this B) I like this company!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I hope you all like them as much as I do. I ate 3 bags in like the last 2 days and there are about 15 to a bag :lol:

Guest nini

I just bought some this weekend. I'll let ya know what we think once we've tried them!

flagbabyds Collaborator

I found that these are all different thicknesses and when I would cook them, some would be pink inside, so I stopped having them and I have Ians instead (well, not right now, they don't stand a chance in the blender...) and they are about the same I think, I will have the Wellshire Kids ones occassionally but really cook them to make sure they are al cooked.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

hmm...never had a problem with that over here but I'll definitely pay attention for it. I always make sure my meat is cooked well before eating it and you should always make sure because you don't want to end up sick.

VydorScope Proficient

Some one on this board recomended them a while back. My toddler son loved them for about 2 weeks... now he wont touch them(typical)... so we stopped buying them for now. We have to drive 45mins to the closest store that carries them.

They dont taste like the Tyson ones that he loved before his celiac disease Dx, if they did he prbly eat them hand and fist....

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Vydorscope-Has your son tried Ian's chicken nuggets yet? I know with Ian's it is controversial some people like them and some don't. I'm guessing same goes for these too. It just depends on what the person likes.

VydorScope Proficient
Vydorscope-Has your son tried Ian's chicken nuggets yet? I know with Ian's it is controversial some people like them and some don't. I'm guessing same goes for these too. It just depends on what the person likes.

HAve not seen Ian's around here... what is "controversial" about them?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

It's been controversial about the taste...I mean it's like that with just about every food though. Maybe your son will like Ian's kind better.

VydorScope Proficient
It's been controversial about the taste...I mean it's like that with just about every food though. Maybe your son will like Ian's kind better.

Odd... I would never have thought that becuase one person likes a food, and another does not, it would be called "controversial"... seems silly, cause then ever single peice of food ever created is controversial! :lol:

:D

lauriel234 Explorer

My son likes the Wellshire chicken nuggets. We buy them in Whole Foods in Montclair, NJ and also The Happy Carrot in River Edge, NJ (a health food store, which also carries lots of gluten free products). Who sells the Ian's brand? Haven't seem them yet.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah..you love 'em or you hate 'em. There isn't much of an in between. I liked them--many did not. ;)

Kaiti, I told my mom about the nuggets and we're both on the look out :lol:

VydorScope Proficient

Foudn the Ians and bought a box a fish sticks and chicken nugs.... hope he likes them!

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Be sure to get the Ian's Allergy Free kind. They do make nuggets and fish sticks that contain gluten. The allergy free are the ones that you want!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

VydorScope Proficient
Be sure to get the Ian's Allergy Free kind. They do make nuggets and fish sticks that contain gluten. The allergy free are the ones that you want!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yea.. the ones withthe purple lable... my son has decided he is not eating anythign tonight, so will have to try again... but I stated one... yuck! :o Weshire farms are much better.... but if he likes them, thats what will matter.

Only compalint I have withthe labling is it is say "ALLERGY FREE" but is made with corn!

Archived