3 replies to this topic

#1 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone is doing food rotation? I've read a couple of books on the technique but was wondering if anyone has any pointers. I'm wanting to do a food rotation with only safe foods.

Thanks

**Not gluten foods and not the foods that I know I'm allergic to. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:42 PM

I've never actually heard of 'food rotation' Would you be working up proper home menus and such to plan when you eat which food? What would be the purpose of rotating? This sounds interesting. :)

#3 Merika

Merika

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

Food rotation is an excellent idea :) My mom does this on a 7 day rotation and says it really helps. There is a book that has a good menu plan in the back (the bulk of the book is somewhat useless testimonials, etc), but it's on a 4 day rotation. I think 5-7 days is more effective. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the book! ! It's for kids with allergies, and I think it's by a woman and if you go to amazon and google rotation diet or food allergies, you may come up with it. I checked it out from the library.

The reason i haven't tried to follow it is that I don't/can't eat a full serving of meat, and the diet the author lays out includes meat. I'm really not sure it's convertible to beans, especially as I'm not eating soy or eggs now, it's limiting.

Rotating foods theoretically will help your body heal by lessening allergy/intolerances, including to new foods, which you can add slowly in.

Let us know how it goes :)
Merika

#4 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Merika,
I had gotten a book that's called "The Allergy Self Help Cookbook." It just goes over the basics of the diet. I've tried to come up with a couple of meal plans but I have a hard time sticking to it. I think the concept is really neat. Hoepfully, we can get it to work!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: