Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Trapped Gas After A Glutening

9 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I had a bad glutening on Tuesday :( For the past two days, I've had terrible gas pain and pressure that migrates from the intestinal area all the way up to the top of my chest. I've tried alka seltzer, max daily dose of GAS X max strength and it's still hanging on.

I'd almost forgotten how painful it is. It happened all the time before I went gluten free. This is the first time in nearly two years and I am dyin here :blink: Anyone have any fixes?

TIA

Janie

Ads by Google:

When my kids were little and had gas that wouldn't move on, I would hang them upside down by holding their legs for a minute. Then stand straight up. The real trick is to get the hips straight above the chest.

this will work really well in a skirt, at the office.

I keep Mylanta Ultimate Strength in the fridge. It's a temporary settlement.

But this week, I have had awful cramping and the big D off and on for a week or so. I have heard that there is a intestinal bug going around. :huh:

Hope you feel better soon.

Try some peppermint tea or some peppermint Altoids. And some milk of magnesia to clear things out. And some Pepto Bismol to coat yur innnards and relieve pain. And maybe some aspirin and wine too.

Never tried the headstand in the office myself but I am a male so it wouldn't work for me. :D

Try some peppermint tea or some peppermint Altoids. And some milk of magnesia to clear things out. And some Pepto Bismol to coat yur innnards and relieve pain. And maybe some aspirin and wine too.

Never tried the headstand in the office myself but I am a male so it wouldn't work for me. :D

Well, it might work, but wouldn't cause such a sensation :D

I second the peppermint - if nothing else it makes the burps taste better. :lol: On lining the innards, I have always eaten yogurt, or gone to the extreme measure of searing them with neat scotch :ph34r:

All great suggestions--I get this too....last night, as a matter of fact <_<

It's interesting that alcohol was mentioned--I find wine helpful (at night).

Other things that help me are walking, Phazyme (not the chewables--they contain gluten), and laying on my back and massaging my stomach in a clockwise rotation.

the extreme measure of searing them with neat scotch :ph34r:

Ah Hah......my hypothetical theory! Searing, yes...I like that word. :rolleyes:

I have used mint tea for gas. Pepto is what I use for nausea but don't think it helps for gas. I also really think wine helps...or at least I don't feel it as much any more.

Some yoga poses are what I use. This one is actually called "wind releasing position" and can be done without any yoga experience. http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com/pawanmukta-asana.html

Cat/cow and childs' pose are also easy and helpful. Here are instructions: http://www.livestrong.com/article/101875-relieve-gas-yoga-poses/

Hope you're better soon.

Wow, maybe I should just get drunk :lol: I have some red wine I've been meaning to open. I will try that, the yoga and the peppermint. Thanks so much guys. I went to Zumba this morning thinking I could shake it out. Unfortunately it did not work :D

Gosh I love this place. If all else fails, I will try searing it out with neat scotch!

Many thanks!!