#1 Wolicki

Wolicki

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hey All,
I had a bad glutening on Tuesday :( For the past two days, I've had terrible gas pain and pressure that migrates from the intestinal area all the way up to the top of my chest. I've tried alka seltzer, max daily dose of GAS X max strength and it's still hanging on.
I'd almost forgotten how painful it is. It happened all the time before I went gluten free. This is the first time in nearly two years and I am dyin here :blink: Anyone have any fixes?
TIA
Janie
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

When my kids were little and had gas that wouldn't move on, I would hang them upside down by holding their legs for a minute. Then stand straight up. The real trick is to get the hips straight above the chest.

this will work really well in a skirt, at the office.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

I keep Mylanta Ultimate Strength in the fridge. It's a temporary settlement.

But this week, I have had awful cramping and the big D off and on for a week or so. I have heard that there is a intestinal bug going around. :huh:

Hope you feel better soon.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Try some peppermint tea or some peppermint Altoids. And some milk of magnesia to clear things out. And some Pepto Bismol to coat yur innnards and relieve pain. And maybe some aspirin and wine too.

Never tried the headstand in the office myself but I am a male so it wouldn't work for me. :D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#5 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

Try some peppermint tea or some peppermint Altoids. And some milk of magnesia to clear things out. And some Pepto Bismol to coat yur innnards and relieve pain. And maybe some aspirin and wine too.

Never tried the headstand in the office myself but I am a male so it wouldn't work for me. :D

Well, it might work, but wouldn't cause such a sensation :D

I second the peppermint - if nothing else it makes the burps taste better. :lol: On lining the innards, I have always eaten yogurt, or gone to the extreme measure of searing them with neat scotch :ph34r:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

All great suggestions--I get this too....last night, as a matter of fact <_<

It's interesting that alcohol was mentioned--I find wine helpful (at night).

Other things that help me are walking, Phazyme (not the chewables--they contain gluten), and laying on my back and massaging my stomach in a clockwise rotation.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#7 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

the extreme measure of searing them with neat scotch :ph34r:

Ah Hah......my hypothetical theory! Searing, yes...I like that word. :rolleyes:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#8 cyberprof

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

I have used mint tea for gas. Pepto is what I use for nausea but don't think it helps for gas. I also really think wine helps...or at least I don't feel it as much any more.

Some yoga poses are what I use. This one is actually called "wind releasing position" and can be done without any yoga experience. http://www.yoga-for-...ukta-asana.html

Cat/cow and childs' pose are also easy and helpful. Here are instructions: http://www.livestron...gas-yoga-poses/

Hope you're better soon.
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

#9 Wolicki

Wolicki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Wow, maybe I should just get drunk :lol: I have some red wine I've been meaning to open. I will try that, the yoga and the peppermint. Thanks so much guys. I went to Zumba this morning thinking I could shake it out. Unfortunately it did not work :D
Gosh I love this place. If all else fails, I will try searing it out with neat scotch!
Many thanks!!
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: