Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Has Anyone Here Been Diagnosed With Microscopic Colitis?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the board, I just now signed up. My name is Lori, I am married with 3 grown kids. I was diagnosed this past August with Microscopic Colitis, it can mimic Celiacs so they did test me for that as well. Fortunately I don't have celiac, but I still had to give up gluten as part of the treatment.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has been diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis, and if so, how is your treatment working? Were you able to get your symptoms under control?

Ads by Google:

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the board, I just now signed up. My name is Lori, I am married with 3 grown kids. I was diagnosed this past August with Microscopic Colitis, it can mimic Celiacs so they did test me for that as well. Fortunately I don't have celiac, but I still had to give up gluten as part of the treatment.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has been diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis, and if so, how is your treatment working? Were you able to get your symptoms under control?

Yes, there are a few around. Jerseygirl is one that I remember. Hopefully, they'll show up to answer the question. Or you could do a search and then send members Personal Messages with questions.

Yes, there are a few around. Jerseygirl is one that I remember. Hopefully, they'll show up to answer the question. Or you could do a search and then send members Personal Messages with questions.

what are your symptoms? i have both celiac and mc.....was on prednisone for a brief period (15 days) that helped a little, then tried entocort, things were ok but not as i had hoped, now on entocort and asacol at the same time...things possibly a little better...just started the new treatment about 2 weeks ago, so it may be too early to tell....some meds take a while to work, if they are going to.....

Does Microscopic Colitis heal or go away? I am asking because my G-mom says she had this years ago and said it was awful.

Does Microscopic Colitis heal or go away? I am asking because my G-mom says she had this years ago and said it was awful.

it does not go away it can go into remission though...can be days, weeks, months or even years but it can come back in the blink of an eye....i still have not had remission, although i just got diagnosed with it in november......

Yep, I have gluten intolerance and had it under control with diet for many months. Then I started having symptoms again and my gastro found that I also had microscopic colitis. Went on a regimen of Asacol for one month and that cleared it up. No recurrences since then, and it's been nearly a year. However, mc means no more NSAID's or aspirin products EVER again. So if you're in pain, Tylenol is your only option.