7 replies to this topic

#1 twe0708

twe0708

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

Does anyone drink lemon water daily? I was just reading how it cleanses the body, helps with acne, helps you lose weight, etc. I am more interested in the cleansing and wondering what others thoughts are who drink this daily. I know it's bad for the teeth, so if you do try this I have read that you should use a straw and rinse your mouth with water after drinking.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

Does anyone drink lemon water daily? I was just reading how it cleanses the body, helps with acne, helps you lose weight, etc. I am more interested in the cleansing and wondering what others thoughts are who drink this daily. I know it's bad for the teeth, so if you do try this I have read that you should use a straw and rinse your mouth with water after drinking.

Wish I could drink lemon water! One of my bizarre symptoms is a burning tongue/mouth/throat and citrus ... feels like barbed wire going down. :unsure: (hopefully it will resolve as I heal.)

I, too, have read that lemon water is a cleanse for the liver... BUT also erodes teeth enamel. Since my enamel has also been impacted by this, I am guessing I'll be steering clear of lemon...man, too bad!! I love lemonade...sigh....

If you do try it, I'd be curious to hear if you feel it has helped!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

I tried it once for a couple of days as I like lemonade. I just put fresh lemon in water with a bit of sugar. For me it caused a great deal of discomfort. I have no idea why maybe just too much acid for my system.
I hope your not talking about the lemon water detox with cayenne pepper and maple syrup. If you are thinking about doing that do a search on lemon water detox dangers, I think you'll change your mind.
A better way to cleanse your system is to eat fresh fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and drop processed foods.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

I did this when we lived in NY and lemons were cheap. It did make me feel better.

#5 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

I tried it once for a couple of days as I like lemonade. I just put fresh lemon in water with a bit of sugar. For me it caused a great deal of discomfort. I have no idea why maybe just too much acid for my system.
I hope your not talking about the lemon water detox with cayenne pepper and maple syrup. If you are thinking about doing that do a search on lemon water detox dangers, I think you'll change your mind.
A better way to cleanse your system is to eat fresh fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and drop processed foods.

No, I am not talking about the water detox. Just starting the day off with a glass of lemon water. I am still eating food. Just heard it's good for the body - acne, organs, etc. My daughter is trying it for her acne and we know to rinse our mouth to help protect our enamel. I will update later on how it's working.

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

No, I am not talking about the water detox. Just starting the day off with a glass of lemon water. I am still eating food. Just heard it's good for the body - acne, organs, etc. My daughter is trying it for her acne and we know to rinse our mouth to help protect our enamel. I will update later on how it's working.

I can't see where that would hurt anything and it will give you a bit of extra vit C. Let us know how it goes.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#7 rain

rain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

The lemon juice that I know about is: one tall glass filtered water, juice from 1/2 lemon, lime or key lime, 1 tsp or more honey and salt to taste.
This drink of one of those old home remedies for many things from colds to constipation. I drink this periodically, as does some of my family. It's not something one has to drink every day, I only use it when I feel like I'm not able to digest food properly or I'm coming down with a cold, etc. And of course, it's only helpful if the ingredients suit the person drinking it. My Mother swears by it, Dad can't have the sugar in it, my sister finds it too acidic. So it just depends.

#8 Bananas

Bananas

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

I drank lemon in water but my dentist has just told me to stop (my poor sensitive teeth). It really worked for me as it's great for the liver.
I felt more less bloated, taller and it helped regulate my BM. I had a lot more energy and my skin looked fantastic too!

I drank it instead of coffee in the morning - a whole lemon squeezed into a mug with some hot water. However, that's now a bit sour.
Another way, is to slice up a lemon and put a slice or two in your water bottle. Each time I finished the bottle, I'd empty the old lemon & replace it. I kept sliced lemon in the fridge at work.

I need to find a bottle that also has a straw so I can take this good habit back up again. Or think of a way to rinse my teeth each time I take a sip of water...

I'd recommend it, as long as you look after your teeth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: