Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Lemon Water

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone drink lemon water daily? I was just reading how it cleanses the body, helps with acne, helps you lose weight, etc. I am more interested in the cleansing and wondering what others thoughts are who drink this daily. I know it's bad for the teeth, so if you do try this I have read that you should use a straw and rinse your mouth with water after drinking.

Ads by Google:

Does anyone drink lemon water daily? I was just reading how it cleanses the body, helps with acne, helps you lose weight, etc. I am more interested in the cleansing and wondering what others thoughts are who drink this daily. I know it's bad for the teeth, so if you do try this I have read that you should use a straw and rinse your mouth with water after drinking.

Wish I could drink lemon water! One of my bizarre symptoms is a burning tongue/mouth/throat and citrus ... feels like barbed wire going down. :unsure: (hopefully it will resolve as I heal.)

I, too, have read that lemon water is a cleanse for the liver... BUT also erodes teeth enamel. Since my enamel has also been impacted by this, I am guessing I'll be steering clear of lemon...man, too bad!! I love lemonade...sigh....

If you do try it, I'd be curious to hear if you feel it has helped!

I tried it once for a couple of days as I like lemonade. I just put fresh lemon in water with a bit of sugar. For me it caused a great deal of discomfort. I have no idea why maybe just too much acid for my system.

I hope your not talking about the lemon water detox with cayenne pepper and maple syrup. If you are thinking about doing that do a search on lemon water detox dangers, I think you'll change your mind.

A better way to cleanse your system is to eat fresh fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and drop processed foods.

I did this when we lived in NY and lemons were cheap. It did make me feel better.

I tried it once for a couple of days as I like lemonade. I just put fresh lemon in water with a bit of sugar. For me it caused a great deal of discomfort. I have no idea why maybe just too much acid for my system.

I hope your not talking about the lemon water detox with cayenne pepper and maple syrup. If you are thinking about doing that do a search on lemon water detox dangers, I think you'll change your mind.

A better way to cleanse your system is to eat fresh fruits and veggies, drink lots of water and drop processed foods.

No, I am not talking about the water detox. Just starting the day off with a glass of lemon water. I am still eating food. Just heard it's good for the body - acne, organs, etc. My daughter is trying it for her acne and we know to rinse our mouth to help protect our enamel. I will update later on how it's working.

No, I am not talking about the water detox. Just starting the day off with a glass of lemon water. I am still eating food. Just heard it's good for the body - acne, organs, etc. My daughter is trying it for her acne and we know to rinse our mouth to help protect our enamel. I will update later on how it's working.

I can't see where that would hurt anything and it will give you a bit of extra vit C. Let us know how it goes.

The lemon juice that I know about is: one tall glass filtered water, juice from 1/2 lemon, lime or key lime, 1 tsp or more honey and salt to taste.

This drink of one of those old home remedies for many things from colds to constipation. I drink this periodically, as does some of my family. It's not something one has to drink every day, I only use it when I feel like I'm not able to digest food properly or I'm coming down with a cold, etc. And of course, it's only helpful if the ingredients suit the person drinking it. My Mother swears by it, Dad can't have the sugar in it, my sister finds it too acidic. So it just depends.

I drank lemon in water but my dentist has just told me to stop (my poor sensitive teeth). It really worked for me as it's great for the liver.

I felt more less bloated, taller and it helped regulate my BM. I had a lot more energy and my skin looked fantastic too!

I drank it instead of coffee in the morning - a whole lemon squeezed into a mug with some hot water. However, that's now a bit sour.

Another way, is to slice up a lemon and put a slice or two in your water bottle. Each time I finished the bottle, I'd empty the old lemon & replace it. I kept sliced lemon in the fridge at work.

I need to find a bottle that also has a straw so I can take this good habit back up again. Or think of a way to rinse my teeth each time I take a sip of water...

I'd recommend it, as long as you look after your teeth.