Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do You Ever Have Weird Dreams

31 posts in this topic

I've got a twist on it... I am the wife of celiac disease and I have dreamt that my mom made a gluten-free plate of spaghetti for him (she hasn't cooked for us in decades! at least before my husband went gluten-free.)

Ads by Google:

I had one last night about deliberating over eating this freshly made mint ice cream with non-gluten-free chocolate cookies (really they were pieces of chocolate ice cream sandwich stuff) and finally giving in and eating the whole thing with a really big spoon... I was upset in the dream and wondering when Id get sick but I couldnt stop eating it. weird, b/c I never cheat, but I then again did have a particilarly frustrating day yesterday trying to find food. maybe that was it. hmm.

Weird. I've been having these dreams ever since I was diagnosed a few weeks ago. We need a dream analyzer to analyze the dream.... Nevermind, we're probably all just afraid of getting sick.

This happens to me all the time. I will dream that I forget I have celiac disease and just dig right in to a plate of pasta or a sandwich or something. Then about half way through, it suddenly dawns on me what I am doing and I am totally horrified because I know that I already ate more than enough to make myself sick and can't do anything about it.

Do you have dreams like that too? It's just so odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have this dream all the time! It is a horrible nightmare... odd and scary.

these dreams crack me up... i just posted elsewhere that my husband had reg. pasta for dinner on monday night and that night i had a dream that i got into the fridge and binged on his leftovers, then freaked out at what i had done and started crying ! :blink: i can't tell though if i knew what i was doing up front or not.... i guess i'll never know ;)

How funny! I guess it is just our subconscience reacting to how careful we have to be in real life. I suppose it figures if we can't really eat "the good stuff", it sure isn't going to miss out! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Anxiously waiting
      Hi all. Ive just had my blood test results which showed a high level for coeliacs,originally i went to doctor coz my bowel movements had changed and haven't been normal for over a month and i am very tired,the tiredness i assumed was low iron and my tummy/bowel issues well i thought IBS Maybe or a bug as ive not really had issues before,anyway she has put me on a wait list to have a endoscopy done. Im so so confused as i didn't expect i may be coeliac,my symptoms come and go so on a day im good i think sweet my issues are resolved but then they come back so they are not consistent which makes me wonder if it is coeliac or not,but my tiredness,headaches,shortness of breath,tummy gurgling,different bowel movements,feeling nauseous are all symptoms that come at different times. The test i had was for gliadin IgG which was 20 but should be 7 or lower, i guess im just anxious to wait who knows how long for the endoscopy coz i would like to try and cut out gluten but the dr said not to till the procedure is done. P.s im in australia so not sure if things are different here.
    • Celiac Night Vision
      Scotomas returned for the 7th year on the 24th February despite liver pâté and have varied since with 3 brief gaps. I have always had migraine, latterly occurring more than once a month, usually of basilar or retinal type with aura (but no headache) lasting less than 5 minutes. A recent bout looked like a TIA and led to a CT scan which revealed clear major vessels but old cerebellar infarcts, so maybe migraine accounts for poor memory too. The scotomas are very different from migraine eye symptoms - stationary, irregular in shape and lasting hours. I think food is excluded as the cause but seasonality, gaps, variation with wind direction and rain mean that pollen is still a possibility. Scott Adams did a marvellous thing founding this site so celiacs could enlighten each other. Please post if you have anything like these scotomas!
    • healthy bread recipe?
      Eat what you eat at lunch or dinner.  I am happy with a fried hamburger patty, fish, or chicken (I know it needs to be fresh or frozen for the histamine diet).  Yes, I eat veggies for breakfast!   Wanted to add that I was glutened in July (GI ordered follow-up antibodies testing and it was high)  and it took me 3 months to recover.  Picked up a histamine intolerance and became lactose intolerant again.  Luckily, when I healed, the histamine thing went away (or  Diminished ) and the lactose intolerance resolved.    I was getting hives, rashes and itching (not DH), vomiting, etc.  So, her intolerances may be just temorary!  
    • Could this be celiac or is it really just IBS?
      Are you sure you had the complete celiac panel?  Here are the tests:   -Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA and (tTG) IgG -Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and (DGP) IgG -EMA IgA  -total serum IgA and IgG (control test)     -endoscopic biopsy - make sure at least 6 samples are taken   VERY IMPORTANT:  Keep eating gluten daily until ALL testing is complete or the tests can be inaccurate.     (Source: NVSMOM -- 😊)   Here is more information from a reputable site (and not just info from a crazy cyclist on the Internet!):   http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/   IBS, in my opinion, means "I Be Stumped!"  It is just a cop out!  So is the "stressed" thing.     I also had my GB out too.   It was a non-functioning (0% per HIDA scan), no stones, and rotting.     You seem to have many celiac disease symptoms.  Verify (obtain copies of your lab tests) to see if you got the complete panel. You might just have had the TTG IGA and TTG IGG tests.  Good for screening but it does not catch all celiacs.  My TTG tests are always negative even on follow-up testing.  The DGP test catches a positive for me.  My biopsies revealed moderate to severe damage.  If my celiac-savvy GI did not order the complete panel, my celiac disease diagnosis would never have been caught.   if celiac disease is really ruled out, research mast cell disorders.  The flushing and GI upset sound familiar!  You can have more than one thing going on!  But I would put my money on celiac disease!            
    • tightness in throat after eating gluten?
      I've noticed that if I accidentally eat gluten, for the next few days I have this tightness in my throat. It feels like my throat is closing. It's not constant, but comes and goes throughout the next 1-3 days. My hands have also been itchy. Is this a normal symptom for celiac or gluten intolerance, or could it possibly be an allergy? I haven't been tested or diagnosed with celiac or anything yet, so I'm still not entirely sure. All I know is that gluten makes me very sick.. But especially with the itchiness and tight throat.. I'm allergic to acetaminophen and my reaction is similar, so it just makes me wonder. What do you think?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wee_lady