Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do You Ever Have Weird Dreams

31 posts in this topic

I've got a twist on it... I am the wife of celiac disease and I have dreamt that my mom made a gluten-free plate of spaghetti for him (she hasn't cooked for us in decades! at least before my husband went gluten-free.)

Ads by Google:

I had one last night about deliberating over eating this freshly made mint ice cream with non-gluten-free chocolate cookies (really they were pieces of chocolate ice cream sandwich stuff) and finally giving in and eating the whole thing with a really big spoon... I was upset in the dream and wondering when Id get sick but I couldnt stop eating it. weird, b/c I never cheat, but I then again did have a particilarly frustrating day yesterday trying to find food. maybe that was it. hmm.

Weird. I've been having these dreams ever since I was diagnosed a few weeks ago. We need a dream analyzer to analyze the dream.... Nevermind, we're probably all just afraid of getting sick.

This happens to me all the time. I will dream that I forget I have celiac disease and just dig right in to a plate of pasta or a sandwich or something. Then about half way through, it suddenly dawns on me what I am doing and I am totally horrified because I know that I already ate more than enough to make myself sick and can't do anything about it.

Do you have dreams like that too? It's just so odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have this dream all the time! It is a horrible nightmare... odd and scary.

these dreams crack me up... i just posted elsewhere that my husband had reg. pasta for dinner on monday night and that night i had a dream that i got into the fridge and binged on his leftovers, then freaked out at what i had done and started crying ! :blink: i can't tell though if i knew what i was doing up front or not.... i guess i'll never know ;)

How funny! I guess it is just our subconscience reacting to how careful we have to be in real life. I suppose it figures if we can't really eat "the good stuff", it sure isn't going to miss out! :)