#16 lgranott

lgranott

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

:D lol
I never thought pasta could be a nightmare:)
I do a 7 day bike ride for AIDS every year and this year was my first gluten-free year. I worked so hard to bring my own food, stay away from EVERYTHING and so on.

On the third night, I had a dream that I ate a whole plate of pasta that they serve, then freaked out b/c I realized what I had done. Thought about throwing up and worried that I would not be able to ride the next day. I was panicked. I then "woke up" in my dream and realized it was a dream, but I found the empty plate of pasta in my sleeping bag...:) Then I really woke up, sweating and panicked and had a really hard time discerning the truth about the mystery pasta :rolleyes:

Liatt

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

I'm glad that so many people do the same thing!

It's weird, I think the scariest part of the dream is the fact that I "forget" that I have celiac disease. It's not like I'm dreaming about cheating on my gluten-free diet, I just totally forget and go back to my old habits. That's why I dream about eating boring things like sandwiches and not stuff I really want like chocolate cake and pizza.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#18 Guest_mlwaller_*

Guest_mlwaller_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

I have had a recurring dream about eating a hamburger with a bun ever since I was diagnosed. My mom and I have often talked about how strange this is, the same happens to her. Recently I dreamt that my boyfriend and I ate an entire pizza before I remembered it had gluten in it. Then I was so mad at him for not stopping me (he is usually very concerned with my restrictions), that I woke up mad at him the next morning and it took me half a day to remember why. lol.

#19 gabrielle

gabrielle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:39 PM

I have these dreams all the time. I feel like such a freak. Especially when i am most stressed... :-(
Gabrielle
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

#20 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

ok last night i had this really weird dream..

this giant gingerbread man was chasing me and screaming my name
then he caught up to me and told me i had dropped my wallet
then we both went to dairy queen and had some milkshakes

what the heck?? :o

#21 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

glix- that dream was random!
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#22 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

Haha...so random

#23 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:16 PM

Having gluten-filled dreams is what led me to this website orginally, and I read a post about gluten/nightmares. It made me feel so much better to know that I wasn't crazy. My dreams are filled with bagels, Papa John's Pizza, and Chocolate cake....I only wish I could enjoy it! I usually freak out in my dreams and then wake up in a panic! Luckily, they are very rare for me. How bad is it that I can't even enjoy wheat in my sleep! :)

#24 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:58 PM

The other night I dreamt that my mom gave me a little bite of cheesecake, and I took it thinking that if she was giving it to me it must be gluten-free. But it wasn't, and I was so mad and horrified! I woke up in a sweat and I was convinced that it had really happened until I realized that I was in my bed and it couldn't have.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#25 namnammo

namnammo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

I had a wierd dream! Its was my birthday and my friends each bought me a cake all different colours. So I dived into this pink one and fell though and the was like swimmping in this cake because I shrunk. If that wasn't bad enough every one was trying to eat me with the cake!!!!!!! :blink:

#26 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:09 AM

I've got a twist on it... I am the wife of celiac disease and I have dreamt that my mom made a gluten-free plate of spaghetti for him (she hasn't cooked for us in decades! at least before my husband went gluten-free.)
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#27 hsd1203

hsd1203

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

I had one last night about deliberating over eating this freshly made mint ice cream with non-gluten-free chocolate cookies (really they were pieces of chocolate ice cream sandwich stuff) and finally giving in and eating the whole thing with a really big spoon... I was upset in the dream and wondering when Id get sick but I couldnt stop eating it. weird, b/c I never cheat, but I then again did have a particilarly frustrating day yesterday trying to find food. maybe that was it. hmm.

#28 dd6444

dd6444

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Weird. I've been having these dreams ever since I was diagnosed a few weeks ago. We need a dream analyzer to analyze the dream.... Nevermind, we're probably all just afraid of getting sick.
--Dave

#29 liz0324

liz0324

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

This happens to me all the time. I will dream that I forget I have celiac disease and just dig right in to a plate of pasta or a sandwich or something. Then about half way through, it suddenly dawns on me what I am doing and I am totally horrified because I know that I already ate more than enough to make myself sick and can't do anything about it.

Do you have dreams like that too? It's just so odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I have this dream all the time! It is a horrible nightmare... odd and scary.

#30 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:46 AM

these dreams crack me up... i just posted elsewhere that my husband had reg. pasta for dinner on monday night and that night i had a dream that i got into the fridge and binged on his leftovers, then freaked out at what i had done and started crying ! :blink: i can't tell though if i knew what i was doing up front or not.... i guess i'll never know ;)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: