Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Travelling With Celiac

4 posts in this topic

I will be going to Israel for three weeks and am new to all of this... I know what to look for in the US, but how do I find out the translations for words like maltitol and modified food starch?

Ads by Google:

In Israel things will be written in Hebrew. I am not sure if they have English on them, too. Hebrew will be very hard to understand unless you are familiar with it. A good idea is to get in touch with your countries Celiac Support Group Organization. They can help put you in contact with group leaders in other countries and that leader can help you figure out what you need. If you are staying at a hotel or with a person see if you can send yourself a package there. You could put some gluten-free foods in there like pasta and such. Be sure to try and mail that early because it will take two or more weeks to arrive unless you send it to go faster. If none of that works you should try sticking with fruits, vegetables, plain anaimals, and those sorts of things. Good luck!

You might want to also search the net for a translated card in Hebrew. If you have a friend or co-worker who is Jewish, they may be able to translate your English card for you or may know someone who can.