Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Desperate! Exhausted! Upset Stomach! And Overwhelmed!

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 That GF Girl

That GF Girl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Ok, This is ridiculous. Gluten Free for 9 mos. Found out some foods had gluten along the way. I cannot get rid of the exhaustion. I've had it for seems like most of my adult life. I've seen natropathic drs and no one really helped. I had such brain fog and stupor that I didn't know if I was coming or going so took myself off gluten and it was amazing. Stomach cleared up pretty well. The exhaustion never left. Very low cortisol levels through saliva testing plus wondering if I have other food allergies? Don't know if thyroid is in question but most drs say it's fine even with extensive testing. I've had it! I watch labels and it seems now whatever I eat bothers me. I've cut out gluten (9 mos) and sugar for 3 weeks. No chg. I thought that maybe the fresh veg juices might be giving me Diarrhea so I cut that out. I have had horribly low iron and ferritin issues in past and those are now up, maybe gut starting to heal. I also thought that i might have a casin allergy from what others say here. I use mot cheese and cottage cheese and yougert as mainstays in my diet so I can take in enough protein. I've cut all that out except for the butter for about a week and no difference. Stomach churns and upset and the more I worry about all this, the more upset it is! I'm losing weight, it was gradual at first but can't keep it on now. I don't have a huge appetite but it seems if I do eat more (like I used to ) I get an even worse stomach. Everyone comments on the wt loss and I feel like I don't even look well anymore. I'm discouraged BIG TIME! Sure appreciate your comments. I've had a colonoscopy and that was fine about 1 1/2 years ago. HELP!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Sorry that you are having a difficult time! :( Have you considered keeping a food diary?

I don't want to be redundant, but have you checked you meds, shampoos, lotions....work place environment, shared kitchen equipment.......gluten can be a tricky opponent. :angry:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 That GF Girl

That GF Girl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

Yes, doing food diary too---I didn't think I'd have to be so cautious with the lotion. Waiting to hear back from Burts Bees on the lip balm but I think that's okay. We all eat gluten-free here - even though they don't have the problems but I just don't know! I'm gonna ditch the Rice Dream, I heard it has barley malt- very low - but that could be if I am super sensitive.

Sorry that you are having a difficult time! :( Have you considered keeping a food diary?

I don't want to be redundant, but have you checked you meds, shampoos, lotions....work place environment, shared kitchen equipment.......gluten can be a tricky opponent. :angry:

#4 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

Yes, doing food diary too---I didn't think I'd have to be so cautious with the lotion. Waiting to hear back from Burts Bees on the lip balm but I think that's okay. We all eat gluten-free here - even though they don't have the problems but I just don't know! I'm gonna ditch the Rice Dream, I heard it has barley malt- very low - but that could be if I am super sensitive.

There is a NEW Sensitive Thread that has just started up. You might get some good suggestions over there. :)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#5 Piccolo

Piccolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

You are right to ditch the Rice Dream. Many people react to it. I don't get near it. You can get other "milk" to drink. Pacific has a rice drink and Hazelnut. You can get coconut milk also.

Susan
Dairy/Cesain free Oct. 2005
Gluten free June 2006

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

Do ditch the Rice Dream and also check all your toiletries for gluten ingredients. Also check all meds and supplements you take. With supplements you need to read all ingredients as some will be labeled gluten free but still have wheat and or barley grass and you will react to those.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: