Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Professional Shampoos/conditioners /mousse

1 post in this topic

Can anyone help me out with Redkin or Matrix products - shampoos, conditioners and styling products that are gluten-free. I hate the cheap stuff!

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Celiac - How many symptoms can there be?
      As you doubtless know now, there are so many ways celiac can present, here's as big a list as I could find online. It would probably be quicker to list what isn't a factor For me personally, nausua, check, left sided back hip pain (my laymans theory here is that celiac is affecting the sciatic nerve which runs from lower back down leg) , check, chest pain also - but for me this comes in short bursts more I guess like heartburn - I thought I was having heart attacks... Check to the rest too... And, for what its worth, other things like being prone to bronchial infection oh hell yes.  I'm currently in the glutened / affected by something group myself so I can only share the advice I've been given. Start a food diary and see if you can track down anything diet related that may be affecting you. Eat as clean as you can, ease up on alcohol, just try and give yourself the best chance of recovery. Have a google of 'heal my gut' diet tips too, you're in the recovery phase at the moment. All the best, at least there's comfort in knowing you're not alone!   Matt  
    • Depression / anxiety issues
      Thanks for the advice Matt, I will be sure to take it all onboard. It's really good to talk to others that have had similar experiences. I'm currently upping my b12 and also taking a additional (gluten free) multi and b complex, also omega 3s and Vitiam D3. I had been noticing small improvements that I forgot to mention in my previous post. I noticed that I fall asleep now much easier than before going gluten-free, I also have moments where my body feels more calm, then blood in my stool has stopped I haven't had any in 10 weeks. My mind was constantly fixated on negative thoughts for the past 2 years and they slowly began lifting from all day negative thoughts to maybe half a day of negative thoughts if that makes sense, but this pass week and a half they have come back, I'm also finding my self very nervous again around other people I'm hoping this will pass. The anxiety / depression is the worst symptom for me I would not wish it on my worst enemy, if that went away I would be the happiest man in the world. I found it very hard to talk to people about my mental health issues at work before I lost my job as I found some people stigmatise me and don't understand or really care, but I figure i don't need narrow minded people like that anyway, and as a man its hard to open up but my wife is very supportive and encouraging. Thanks again for the advice really apricate it
      G'day Chris and welcome to the forum. You have found what I think is the single best resource on the web for advice, support and understanding for this condition. There is so much info here it's difficult to know where to start, but that's what this thread is for, please check it out. I think I got the recommendation for 'Real life with Celiac Disease' by Dennis and Leffler there, I'll second that, there's a lot of very useful info in there which helps to answer a lot of your questions. May be useful for your partner also. Chapters are short and informative so you can dip in and out.  There will doubtless be more advice to come from others with more experience but there's a few things which occur. Firstly, 10 weeks is very early days. Your body has been under an assault for many, many years. Your immune system has been working overtime and like so many others you've only reached diagnosis after reaching a crisis point. You are now healing but it won't be instant and it won't be without ups and downs, speedier and slower phases.  Second, being strict on gluten is essential, but it's only one part of the puzzle. You also need to eat really healthily and try to heal your gut. As you remove gluten you may find that your body starts telling you that other foods are also an issue. Don't panic, it doesn't mean that will always be the case. But you need to approach the next 6 months as a period where you're giving your body the easiest ride possible. That may mean taking probiotics, bone broths or it could also mean avoiding dairy or other foods, at least until your body has had a chance to heal. If you think you may still be getting gluteny effects keeping a food diary, noting what you eat, when and how you feel would help to track down any further issues.  I too battled through the anxiety, had an all too brief moment of bliss as the diet kicked in, then faced a bumpier recovery period in the weeks that followed. It gets easier but it's still difficult for me from time to time. I tried to articulate some of this recently here, it's a long read but maybe some of it will strike a chord. It will get better and you will become better equipped to deal with it. If you're like me you'll find other things getting better over time that you would never have thought to connect to gluten. Now, I've been exceedlingly nice here and not mentioned the England Rugby drubbing but I can feel my self control beginning to slip. So I'll leave it there   Matt
      Thanks for the advice Irene. I will look into that book. I know I'm a long away from healed but I got my hopes up when I felt better in that first week, it's just constantly a battle. I am hoping and praying that I get better soon 
    • Celiac - How many symptoms can there be?
      Do you take digestive enzymes and probiotics? That may help. Have you met with a dietician for help figuring out how you're getting glutened?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)