This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stomach Noise-Gas

scottyg354

scottyg354 Enthusiast

So guys, question. How long after going gluten free did your stomach noises and gas stop?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Wolicki Enthusiast

7 months. But it still gurgles like crazy if I eat grains. I learned even gluten free grains are not my friend. My BF used to get worried because my stomach made so much noise :D All is quiet now :)

Sparks Rookie

The stomach gurgles can be caused by additional substances in addition to gluten-- it's not uncommon to have multiple food intolerences. Personally, I have fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance, so milk and onions, etc give me terrible stomach gurgles.

shopgirl Contributor

For me, it was about a month before it became sporadic and then it was gone by the two month mark.

I don't think I even noticed it going away. And here I could have celebrated.

scottyg354 Enthusiast

For me, it was about a month before it became sporadic and then it was gone by the two month mark.

I don't think I even noticed it going away. And here I could have celebrated.

My noises are at there worst at night and in the morning. Drives me nuts, sounds like I have a waterfall and/or a thunderstorm going on inside my stomach. LOL.

Was Gluten free for a bout a week and a half and went off the diet this weekend because like an idiot thought it wouldn't make a difference, cause I was feeling any different. Let me tell you apparently I was feeling different and didn't even realize it. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

shopgirl Contributor

My noises are at there worst at night and in the morning. Drives me nuts, sounds like I have a waterfall and/or a thunderstorm going on inside my stomach. LOL.

Was Gluten free for a bout a week and a half and went off the diet this weekend because like an idiot thought it wouldn't make a difference, cause I was feeling any different. Let me tell you apparently I was feeling different and didn't even realize it. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

:) I wasn't one of those "miraculously healed overnight" people so some of the changes have been so gradual that I don't even notice until I stop and think about it.

Your symptoms will calm down but it can take time. A lot of time. My doctor told me to expect six to eighteen months as a healing time. Gluten-free isn't a quick fix for most of us unfortunately.

scottyg354 Enthusiast

:) I wasn't one of those "miraculously healed overnight" people so some of the changes have been so gradual that I don't even notice until I stop and think about it.

Your symptoms will calm down but it can take time. A lot of time. My doctor told me to expect six to eighteen months as a healing time. Gluten-free isn't a quick fix for most of us unfortunately.

Well, I pretty much am self diagnosed. As all the tests and scopes I had through out the years show nothing.

Hopefully, if I stick with this i will see a difference.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived