14 replies to this topic

#1 mario

mario

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:13 PM

well saturday was my birthday and, everything was going great until i ate some corn puffs and, got major sick the morning after, where i was running to the bathroom very often. I'm doing better now but i'm dizzy cuz i lost lots of liqiuds..

:( :(
I'm me and, from Canada, Montreal

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:40 PM

Hi Mario,

I'm sorry you are still feeling bad. It can sometimes take up to a week or more to get rid of the effects of gluten after an accident. You should be better soon, just make sure you don't have another accident for a while.

Happy Belated Birthday. Mine is today! I'm 32 years old. We went out to eat and I am hoping the meal was fine. I really don't want to get sick this week. It was a chicken breast on a salad. (grilled, and I forgot to tell them to make sure they cleaned the grill first! oops. I was so worried about the dressing and the croutons on the salad) I also ordered a plain baked potato, but as I sit here right now I realise I never got the potato. I hope my husband didn't pay for it...

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:52 AM

hi and, happy birthday and, filled with happiness and, health..

should i stay away from the dairy products for a while..till the gluten wears of. I also had a strawberry jello last night and, gave me diareeha, should i stay away from it for a while. I was eating it everyday before and, never had a problem with it, is it cuz i'm still sensitive to the weekend accident..

thanks dear.. :)

#4 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:51 AM

have you got msn gf4life????

I would like to chat and, learn..

#5 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. No I don't have MSN, or any other chat features. But that's okay. I check my e-mail daily and feel free to e-mail me. I'll get right back to you. :)

It may take a while for you to get back on track. Just hang in there, and yes, it might be good to start back at the basics. The easy to digest foods that you were able to tolerate at the beginning. This will give your body a break while it heals.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#6 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:56 AM

would you like to download msn messenger, so we can chat..

http://messenger.msn.com/

my email addy is

mariocaluori@hotmail.com

:(

#7 deweyhughie

deweyhughie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:45 PM

Mario, this might be a little late, but do not forget to drink lots of water to replace the liquids you lost during the diarrhea bouts. Gatorade is good for this too as it contains essential electrolytes. Dehydration is a very real concern during times like this. Good luck!
Best wishes,
Dewey
Marion, IA

#8 ChrissyInNH

ChrissyInNH

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:31 AM

Mario & Mariann - Happy Birthday to both of you! Mine was Feb. 17th (I turned 34) and that is the day I went gluten-free. So far so good! :D

Mario - I hope you feel better soon!
Christine
Christine
Gluten-free since 2/2004 for gluten intolerance (celiac negative)
Mom to two gluten-free, soy free, low casein boys

IgG test currently showing intolerance to: casein/dairy, egg, sugar cane, yeast, white potato, coffee, amaranth, blueberry, garlic, kidney beans, sesame, whey, banana, pineapple, pinto beans, radish. Have removed these from diet on 10/28/07.

Not showing intolerance to gluten, wheat, barley, rye, soy, rice, oats or corn at this time, but still totally gluten-free for now.

#9 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:28 AM

thanks guys...

I still go diareeha but, only twice a day compared to 10 times..I'm eating very carefully..

meat
chicken
fish
eggs
friuts
veggies
rice cakes
peanut butter(kraft)

i'v cut down on the dairy..

#10 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 06:29 AM

I have a question about accidents: If we discover our mistake within 20 minutes, will throwing up stop the reaction? Or will it cause even more problems? I ate three Pria bars, which have barley malt in them, and while I was eating the last one, learned that barley malt is bad! That was yesterday, last night and now I am just miserable! If I had gone and thrown up, would I have avoided this misery? :unsure:
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#11 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 07:14 AM

Dessa,

Throwing up might help a little bit, but I think that once the reaction starts, there's not much that can be done about it. The symptoms are not caused directly by gluten, but rather by the body's immune system--and once the defenses are marshalled, they're going to do their "job" even if the gluten suddenly disappears!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#12 mario

mario

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:38 AM

I'm questioning myself, are rice cakes safe with peanut butter or kraft jams. I eat the quaker rice cakes natural..

#13 Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*

Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:17 PM

I have a question about accidents: If we discover our mistake within 20 minutes, will throwing up stop the reaction? Or will it cause even more problems? I ate three Pria bars, which have barley malt in them, and while I was eating the last one, learned that barley malt is bad! That was yesterday, last night and now I am just miserable! If I had gone and thrown up, would I have avoided this misery? :unsure:

Throwing up won't get rid of all traces of gluten. Even one microscopic speck is enough to make a lot of people react, and is enough to cause damage. The only thing I can think of that throwing up may help is that the body has less gluten to clear out of your system.

#14 Guest_shar4_*

Guest_shar4_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:44 AM

Hmmm, my body seems to have made it's own decision about vomiting <_< the last time I had an accident. I had NO control over it at all, It wanted OUT of my body. I guess my system has realized that gluten is a bad thing for me, and it wants no part of it.

As much as I would love to have a bite of pizza or something, I simply cannot knowingly do it. The repercussions were enough to stifle that Idea completely.

Blessings

#15 Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*

Guest_Blackheartedwolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2004 - 12:59 PM

My body is like that too- if it doesn't like something I ate, it doesn't stay down. I also tend to vomit when I get stressed out or really upset. Been like that for years.

When I went to see Passion of the Christ, I was so disturbed by the violence that I felt like I was going to throw up several times during the movie, and also felt queasy on through the next day. I guess I have a sensitive stomach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: