4 replies to this topic

#1 ECUmom3

ECUmom3

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

Just recently found out that I have celiac. I love to shop at Costco. Anyone have a list of gluten free items (i.e. meds., supplements, personal care products, etc.)? I can't aford to continue to purchase items to find out later that they contain gluten. Thanks for the help.

Also, I did call and find out that the Kirkland brand of Ibuprofen and the Unscented Baby wipes that I already had, are gluten free. If I know ahead of time that a product is gluten-free, then of course I am more likely to purchase it. Thanks again.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 seashele2

seashele2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

Costco doesn't publish a gluten-free list because they bring products in on good deals and their inventory changes. Yes, some things are pretty much regular items, but there is enough variable that they don't publish a list. About the only way you can tell if an item is gluten-free is to read the label and/or call the 800 # during business hours to verify. I have shopped in Costco regularly for years and that didn't change when I was diagnosed 6 1/2 years ago. They are very good about having ingredients on all the Kirkland products and I have only seen a couple things that weren't their brands that I questioned the ingredient labels.

Michelle
Western Washington State

#3 Lesx2

Lesx2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Kirkland shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
Kirkland spices
And so much more. Check labels but I have purchased items including Food Should taste So Good brand chips, Mission tortilla chips, dried fruit snacks, meat in bulk, Aiellos (sp?) sausage, etc
In their magazine they often note which products are gluten-free and had a good article in their June2010 magazine regarding celiac disease.

#4 Emilushka

Emilushka

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

We tend to buy nuts, eggs, rice, and quinoa at Costco. We used to buy their soy milk but they changed the packaging and I really dislike the new packaging because it causes waste, so we may stop doing that.

The quinoa I get at Costco is the best deal on quinoa I have found ANYWHERE.

#5 ECUmom3

ECUmom3

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this information. At least it gives me an idea of what to look for. I could easily spend an hour in Costco before I was diagnosed; now there is no telling how long it will take me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: