This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten'ed At Pf Changs

quincy

quincy Contributor

I love PF CHangs; it's the only place I have never had a problem, until this past Monday. I ordered the beef with broccoli lunch bowl and the egg drop soup. I noticed that the sauce was quite good, and tasted "better" than usual. within a short time I began to get my tell-tale pain under my right rib cage. I can definitely tell my right intestine is tender and swollen and the pain goes down to the lower part of my abdomen on the right.

I called the restaurant to ask if perhaps the cook could have used he wrong sauce and the manager said the gluten-free food comes from a different window so that was not possible. . But I am certain it was that meal because my reaction is soon after ingesting gluten, not a day's delay. I wonder how much I can trust the staff to not make mistakes?

anyone else have a negative experience there? I will continue to dine there but I have been uncomfortable the last few days

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tea-and-crumpets Explorer

I love PF CHangs; it's the only place I have never had a problem, until this past Monday. I ordered the beef with broccoli lunch bowl and the egg drop soup. I noticed that the sauce was quite good, and tasted "better" than usual. within a short time I began to get my tell-tale pain under my right rib cage. I can definitely tell my right intestine is tender and swollen and the pain goes down to the lower part of my abdomen on the right.

I called the restaurant to ask if perhaps the cook could have used he wrong sauce and the manager said the gluten-free food comes from a different window so that was not possible. . But I am certain it was that meal because my reaction is soon after ingesting gluten, not a day's delay. I wonder how much I can trust the staff to not make mistakes?

anyone else have a negative experience there? I will continue to dine there but I have been uncomfortable the last few days

Did it come out on the gluten free plate?

It's unfortunate that they gave you the runaround. I once got a noodle in a takeout order from there. I called the restaurant and the manager was very apologetic and refunded my money for that entree and even sent out a $10 gift card. I said not to, because I was calling to inform them and not to get money, but she insisted. You might send a letter through their website. As far as I can tell, PF Chang's is really dedicated to having a gluten free menu, and I think corporate would be interested in the fact that they are not being responsive to your complaints. Good luck.

quincy Contributor

Did it come out on the gluten free plate?

It's unfortunate that they gave you the runaround. I once got a noodle in a takeout order from there. I called the restaurant and the manager was very apologetic and refunded my money for that entree and even sent out a $10 gift card. I said not to, because I was calling to inform them and not to get money, but she insisted. You might send a letter through their website. As far as I can tell, PF Chang's is really dedicated to having a gluten free menu, and I think corporate would be interested in the fact that they are not being responsive to your complaints. Good luck.

Thanks for responding. I cannot confirm for sure that it was PF Chang that glutened me. It was the only place I had eaten that day however. It did come out on the PF Chang plate so something major would have had to go wrong. I work with someone who waitresses there at a different location and I will ask her if it is possible that there could have been a mix up in the kitchen.

I love eating there and will continue to eat there. I will just double check with the server as I used to do until I got very comfortable there. My post is not to bash them at all, just curious if it could have been there that I got sick.

mommida Enthusiast

I have eaten at P.F. Chang's since we were lucky enough to get one in this area. It has always been safe. Only mistake was a mix-up of white wine.

To err is human. Even a great place like Chang's can make mistakes. Call if they are getting sloppy and starting to make mistakes. I think it is the most comfortable palce for our Celiac family to eat, right from the gluten free menu (that is the standard menu) it doesn't look out of the ordinary, and I don't feel like I'm paying for half the food left off the plate.

Archived