Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Beer In Ontario

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I am surprised to hear that they cannot call this a gluten-free beer "...to comply with Health Canada's labelling rules that say anything called a beer must contain at least some barley or wheat." Messag

I am surprised to hear that they cannot call this a gluten-free beer "...to comply with Health Canada's labelling rules that say anything called a beer must contain at least some barley or wheat." Messag

I also tried the New Grist, and was very impressed by it. It actually tasted like beer! Even though it can't be called it. Still tasted awesome. I'm sad summer is almost over now that I've found a "beer" I can enjoy at BBQs and outings!

most country's labeling laws don't allow gluten free beers to be labeled as beer because it doesn't contain barley. Not just Canada.

I haven't tried the Gluten Free that's made in Ontario, I haven't seen any anywhere. My local LCBO stocks New Grist, which isn't bad really. I prefer wine or spirits now though.

New Grist is really good, it's the one I always buy. Nicklebrook's Gluten-free tastes a lot like real beer and I'd buy that one more often except that I don't care for the tallboy can and the fact that you have to buy them individually.

Ontario will have another gluten-free beer in early 2012 from Schnitzer Br