Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Burritos!

15 posts in this topic

Ok, my hormones are in HYPERDRIVE and I need some Burrito BADLY!!! Specifically, I want a Triple Lindy from Moes with chipotle sauce and salsa verde...

What can eat as a solution that will make my baby happy and NOT land me in the hospital?

Ads by Google:

I don't know what that is, but can you go there (if it's a restaurant) and get everything but the outside?

Why couldn't you make your own burritos? Or get a burrito bowl from chipotle and use a gluten free wrap.

It's not the same, but I usually make burrittos using corn tortillas. Since the only brown rice torillas I ever found (Food For Life) made me sick. I have heard that Trader Joes has gluten-free brown rice tortillas as well but I have never found them there. To make the burritos out of corn: Get all your ingredints ready. Cut up what needs to be cut up and heat up what needs to be warm--beans, meat, etc. Put enough oil to coat the bottom of a small frying pan. Let the oil heat up for a couple minutes on medium low. Put the corn tortilla in the oil and heat just a few seconds until warm, then flip it over. Pull it out and blot any extra oil with a paper towel. Then fill with filling and eat before the tortilla cools too much. When it cools it is more likely to break up. You can also heat tortillas in the microwave or the oven but they will tear more easily unless you fill them with meat/beans/cheese while still warm and put in the oven until cripsy. Top with salsa, sour cream, lettuce, etc after they cook.

GlutenFrieda makes a good microwave burrito

Amy's makes a great gluten-free burrito. One with cheese and one without.

The GlutenFrieda burritos are the most like "real" burritos I have tasted. Very good!

I usually do burrito bowls. I pile them up with cheese, sour cream, and guacaomole...I don't even miss the tortillas!

For some reason I want the tortilla ... if that makes sense? I think it's a textural thing. Being pregnant is WEIRD! LOL I'll pick up an Amy's one later today and hopefully that'll help with the craving.

K8 - that baby sure wNts some crazy foods! He is going to come out wanting a pizza and Gatorade with a burrito for dessert! :)

I tried some tortills at a food show but haven't found them yet. I think the name was French Meadows or something similar. They are frozen.

When that baby starts wanting margritas, get some limade.

mmmmmm limeade..... Oh goodness, see what you started? LOL

be careful with Amy's. A lot of us can't tolerate them

... I have heard that Trader Joes has gluten-free brown rice tortillas as well but I have never found them there. ...

You might have to ask at the store where they keep them. In one of my local stores they are kept on the bottom shelf of rack near the wine and meat cooler. not refrigerated though. Why, I don't know. Everywhere else I've been the tortillas are frozen or in a cooler. But these are just on a shelf in the middle of an isle with lots of other non-gluten-free things on it.

You might have to ask at the store where they keep them. In one of my local stores they are kept on the bottom shelf of rack near the wine and meat cooler. not refrigerated though. Why, I don't know. Everywhere else I've been the tortillas are frozen or in a cooler. But these are just on a shelf in the middle of an isle with lots of other non-gluten-free things on it.

Thanks, I will ask next time I go. My Trader Joes is tiny and always packed with people so I never bothered finding someone to ask.

There are a few different gluten free tortillas you can use - the ivory teff ones (I forget who makes them) came closest to a flour tortilla for a burrito for me. Good luck!!

I've been eating the Amys Tamales with no reaction, but then again being pregnant does mask some of my symptoms. I'll stick to only eating her to fulfill a craving :)