This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Boy Or Girl

melly

melly Rookie

thanks for all the help i know its a weird topic but it just seems easier if i know wich one you are so i coul call you he or she insted of the long usernames

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicturePerfect Explorer

Female (and loving it) :D

ruddabega Apprentice

About the no male thing... are there more women Celiacs than men, or is it that more women Celiacs like to blab about it? Does any one know?

I'm female, if you were wondering...

celiac3270 Collaborator

Slightly more celiac females.

But there are probably more diagnosed females, since males are a little less vocal about health problems.

Males are less likely to join boards in which one usually shows emotion, etc. :lol:

elonwy Enthusiast

I'm a girl. I read somewhere that there were more girl Celiacs than boys. We definitly talk more than they do :P

Elonwy

melly Rookie
I'm a girl. I read somewhere that there were more girl Celiacs than boys. We definitly talk more than they do  :P

Elonwy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol i dont think ive seen you b4 how old r u

elonwy Enthusiast

I actually realized, this is a teenagers only section - oops. I'm 27, so a bit older, but I still play with legos and board games :)

Elonwy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Another male here!

I'm 30 years old physically, but probably 16 mentally ... :)

My little brother and I (he's 9) play laser tag and Xbox all the time (he usually wins)

Good times!

melly Rookie
I actually realized, this is a teenagers only section - oops. I'm 27, so a bit older, but I still play with legos and board games :)

Elonwy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol r u sure u want to share that

Guest Viola

I think a lot of females get diagnosed after pregnacy, as the symptoms seem to need a trigger. Perhaps men don't have a natural trigger other than an accident or surgery that traumatizes the body. Therefore men may carry the gene as often as females, but don't have it triggered as often.

Just a thought :rolleyes: And yes, I'm female :D

elonwy Enthusiast
lol r u sure u want to share that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I'm sure. We have game night parties where I have my friends over and we play stuff like Cranium or Spoons ( a really fun -crazy card game). My boyfriend and I have lego wars, and we're both 27. I have a humungous stuffed animal collection. Just because you grow up doesn't mean you have to stop having fun and playing. My therapist says its healthy so I'm going with it.

Elonwy

chasesparents Rookie

You are too funny gLIX !!!! :D

My son is a celiac, and he is male. My husband looks at this message board more for a reference, and I am the one that replys and posts questions. (I find it very, very helpful ! )

• 4 weeks later...
petlover Newbie

Asia

I'm a female my mom is to and her user name is christicrete :)

• 3 months later...
pokerprincess Newbie

Did you know that for a guy to have ciliac is very rare. Males don't noramly fet ciliac, it is manly female and that is why there are more girls on this site than boys. Also ciliac is genadic. I got it from my mther who got it from her mother and so on and so forth, we also all have cancer and my granmother died when I was little because ciliac had formed a cancer within her system. Its rather scary if you think about it. I mean we cant ear gulten but then agin we need so of the foods to survie. I wish so much that I did not have this treble illness as do most of you out there I'm sure. :(

Guest CD_Surviver

female.

Lauren

Nantzie Collaborator

I'm female. And 35. And still proudly playing with toys, thankyouverymuch. :D We've got two kids, a 3yo girl and a 2yo boy. My daughter is getting a dollhouse for Christmas, and I can't wait to PLAY WITH IT.

Next year when our son turns three, we're getting him a racecar bed. Because I told my husband they don't make them in king size. Hehe.

Hey! Maybe if we bug the EZ Bake Oven people enough they'll start making gluten-free cake mixes. I always wanted one of those things... :lol:

More males that weren't mentioned would be VydorScope, Nevadan, DanceswithWolves, RiceGuy.

Nancy

celiac3270 Collaborator
Did you know that for a guy to have ciliac is very rare. Males don't noramly fet ciliac, it is manly female and that is why there are more girls on this site than boys. Also ciliac is genadic. I got it from my mther who got it from her mother and so on and so forth, we also all have cancer and my granmother died when I was little because ciliac had formed a cancer within her system. Its rather scary if you think about it. I mean we cant ear gulten but then agin we need so of the foods to survie. I wish so much that I did not have this treble illness as do most of you out there I'm sure. sad.gif

Actually, not really. It's just that males are diagnosed less often than females, maybe because they handle symptoms differently(?) and just ignore it rather than going to a doctor. I believe females get it slightly more often, but it's certainly not "very rare" for males to get celiac.

Also, I think females may prefer to discuss it more than males, who just--I guess, deal with it, but not discuss any emotions behind it.

And it is genetic, but that doesn't really play into this idea of males v. females ... it just means that it will often run in families.

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm female, age 49. Nantzie--Ha Ha :D on the gluten free Easy Bake Oven mixes! I have read that Celiac affects slightly more women than men, but it could be as celiac3270 said, that more women are DX. Women, in general I think, tend to go to the Dr. more often. So many people are not DX as it is. In our little world here, though, the women do seem to out number the men.

traveljunkie Rookie

I'm female, age 35 and my son is 16. We are both gluten intolerant. Diagnosed at the same time, 10 months ago!!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I'm female, 18 (with 11 years experience :lol: ), but I post here because of my son who has celiac. He is six, and therefore shouldn't be in this section of the forum for another 7 years.

Gack! edited to say I'm 18 with 21 years experience :o !

Clearly my math skills need work.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes--slightly more often in women--I'm just saying that it's not greatly less or RARE in men.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm female. And 35. And still proudly playing with toys, thankyouverymuch. :D We've got two kids, a 3yo girl and a 2yo boy. My daughter is getting a dollhouse for Christmas, and I can't wait to PLAY WITH IT.

Next year when our son turns three, we're getting him a racecar bed. Because I told my husband they don't make them in king size. Hehe.

Hey! Maybe if we bug the EZ Bake Oven people enough they'll start making gluten-free cake mixes. I always wanted one of those things... :lol:

More males that weren't mentioned would be VydorScope, Nevadan, DanceswithWolves, RiceGuy.

Nancy

:lol::lol:

I'm 34, female and I still love games and toys too....especially legos. :D

No dolls for me though...I played with trucks and wore superman underoos (not now of course). :P

Funny about the racecar bed....I've always wanted bunkbeds. Bunkbeds seem like they'd be FUN! :D

pixiegirl Enthusiast

celiac3270 listed me in his female list, which of course is correct I am a girl but I think thats a given seeing how my "handle" here is pixiegirl and I sign my posts "Susan". After spending a long day with my boyfriend today I thank god I'm a girl ... (wink)

Susan :P

num1habsfan Rising Star

Definitely female here.

~lisa~

kevsmom Contributor

If we are doing an unofficial count:

1 Female (me)

1 Male (my brother)

Cindy

Archived