Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Questions About Alleviating Joint Pain

7 posts in this topic

A big perk of going gluten and dairy free is that my arthritis really eased up. Especially a joint in my neck that was causing me chronic pain for years. However, it's a year later and I still have enough joint pain to interfere with my lifestyle, especially in my knees. So, I'm finally at a breaking point and I'm just now becoming very very strict about eliminating night shades, soy, coffee and alcohol. It's only been about 72 hours but I feel like the pain is worse, not better. I am pretty certain that I'm not getting cc from gluten as the house is gluten free and I haven't eaten out in weeks. Oh...I have also been taking a higher dose of vit D (5000 IU/day)

Does anybody have any advice? Am I looking at weeks or months before I feel better? What about glucosamine? I'd rather not take another supplement but I'm so tired of achy joints. Am I just arthritic and that's the way it is?

Ads by Google:

How is your vit D level? You may need more. Last year mine was at 16.7 range is 32.0-100.0. My Dr. put me on 50,000 IU Rx a week for two months and then I started taking 5,000 IU a day for a few months, now I am taking 3,000 IU a day. It is time for me to get tested again so I can see where my levels are. I am trying to remember, I think it took about six months for my joint pain to go away. I also added in a B-Complex with C and Fish Oil, I think those helped too.

My Dr told me to take 10,000 IU D in the morning and Bluebonnet Calcium Citrate Magnesium D3 at night(800 IU D and 1000 mg calcium).

... So, I'm finally at a breaking point and I'm just now becoming very very strict about eliminating night shades, soy, coffee and alcohol. It's only been about 72 hours but I feel like the pain is worse, not better.....

Give it time. It took a over a month for me to get much better after stopping soy. It is not a light switch reaction.

Give the nightshades and soy about 6 weeks. It'll take a little while for those to get out of your system. Sounds like you might be going through withdrawal effects too. I take 1000 mgs of magnesium also as well as Vit D and Vit B-12. That has helped with my pain a lot.

You do know what all the nightshades are, right? If not, they are potatoes, tomatoes, tomatilla's, all bell peppers, eggplant, paprika, and if I remember right okra. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Dagnabit, double post, sorry

Everyone, thank you. I can handle a 6 week wait. I just want it to get better eventually. I know with gluten it took months for everything to start easing up so I don't know why I'm surprised. And thanks for the nightshade list. I knew every one but okra...but that's not a big risk up here in the north. Plus I don't care for it. So...I'll stay the course and get vitamin levels checked at my next appt. I appreciate the responses. Very helpful.