This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Cadbury Mini Eggs

mommyoftwinks

mommyoftwinks Explorer

i called the hershey company after reading conflicting things online about the cadbury mini eggs. i got VERY itchy and only added these to my diet. the company said they are gluten free?

anyone else have issues with them?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

I can't eat anything Hershey. It all makes me sick. I think they have CC issues.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I don't eat "mini" anything since I read of companies using what they call "run off" chocolate which has been previously poured over other candy. Seems to be more a problem with mini sized candy from what I have read. Not gonna test that theory myself since every once in a while I see a post like yours where something supposedly gluten free made someone ill.

If you don't want to avoid Hershey's, you might just avoid the mini's.

I do fine with the regular or KING size Hershey's ;)

Takala Enthusiast

Oh, hey, it's nearly getting time of year for the annual Easter Candy Discussion, isn't it !

Featuring the famous Cadbury Egg Thread from 2008 !

Hershey's hasn't been consistent with identifying or confirming with a degree of certainty the status of their gluten content since they moved manufacturing out of country. This is a shame since the kisses and the hershey bars used to be an easy to find, go- to item for me, but if they aren't going to admit what's in the flavorings sometimes, they're on the "eat at risk" list.

This is an AUSTRALIAN list of cadbury status products Open Original Shared Link

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

Oh NOOOOOO!!! :o:blink:

Takala Enthusiast

It's sort of roulette with the Hershey bars. I've probably eaten a few since others started complaining, but I have to be careful because I'm not a really bad reactor to gluten. I tend to stash Ghiradelli's in the house, and the peanut M&M's, and the Enjoy Life chocolate chips, so I am having less excuses to eat the other stuff.

I am really hoping M&Ms stays on the good list, as they DO NOT MELT and can be eaten while driving in the summer. Normal summer highs here are around 100

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

i called the hershey company after reading conflicting things online about the cadbury mini eggs. i got VERY itchy and only added these to my diet. the company said they are gluten free?

anyone else have issues with them?

I'm not sure where you're from, but in Canada, Cadbury makes Cadbury Mini Eggs, and Hershey doesn't. Hershey is a completely different company (Oh Henry, Reese's, etc.). Did you call Hershey or Cadbury about the eggs? What were the ingredients?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

heatherjane Contributor

I'm not sure where you're from, but in Canada, Cadbury makes Cadbury Mini Eggs, and Hershey doesn't. Hershey is a completely different company (Oh Henry, Reese's, etc.). Did you call Hershey or Cadbury about the eggs? What were the ingredients?

In the US, Cadbury is licensed by Hershey.

Salax Contributor

This topic alone is making me drool. Bad chocolate people, bad..LOL :P

Lisa Mentor

This topic alone is making me drool. Bad chocolate people, bad..LOL :P

What is "good" chocolate Salax? ;)

Sparks Rookie

I came across this recipe for Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs (posted here:). It looks delicious, and may help curb a craving or two. I'm going to try and make them for Easter (when I can shove most of them off to nephews/nieces instead of eating the entire thing myself. ;) )

Salax Contributor

What is "good" chocolate Salax? ;)

LOL meaning you people talking about chocolate are bad. Not the chocolate itself. Although there are better chocolates in the world, this chocolate I got from Russia for example was AWESOME. But the the generic stuff is ok too. Chocolate in itself is a food group, so it's all good. :P Hehe.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

Update-

I ate a Mr. Goodbar.

And got sick.

So I can no longer say it was just the mini's.

This one was King sized. :huh:

:ph34r:

Jestgar Rising Star

corn syrup?

soy?

red dye number 43?

stupid food issues :angry:

• 1 year later...
krych Newbie

The other day I decided to go ahead and try the Cadbury Royal Dark Mini Eggs. I could not find any definitive information on if they were gluten free, but thought they were too good to pass up!

However, now I wish I had. I am experiencing all the effects of eating gluten and that is the only thing different I did with my diet. Safe to say, I will be staying away from cadbury products. Maybe they are ok, but this time they definitely werent't for me.

love2travel Mentor

I came across this recipe for Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs (posted here:). It looks delicious, and may help curb a craving or two. I'm going to try and make them for Easter (when I can shove most of them off to nephews/nieces instead of eating the entire thing myself. ;) )

They are delicious and surprisingly simple to make. Such a fun thin to make with little ones especially!

• 3 weeks later...
ozziepuppy Newbie

I just got very sick. This morning I ate Cadbury mini eggs while filling Easter baskets. According to the ingredients, they should have been OK, but I can't think of any other reason I am so sick right now. The only other thing that could have caused a problem is the Starburst jelly beans, but I thought they were gluten-free also. I am kicking myself for doing this. How could I have eaten them without checking online first? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Lisa Mentor

I just got very sick. This morning I ate Cadbury mini eggs while filling Easter baskets. According to the ingredients, they should have been OK, but I can't think of any other reason I am so sick right now. The only other thing that could have caused a problem is the Starburst jelly beans, but I thought they were gluten-free also. I am kicking myself for doing this. How could I have eaten them without checking online first? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I eat the mini eggs by the bag full, and then I feel sick. Not from the gluten, but rather from the volume :blink:

Archived