Sleep Problems

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_marshlakemom_*

Guest_marshlakemom_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hi Folks

I am new to the forum, and have a question. I have dealt with sleep problems for the best part of 20 years, and am now wondering if it could be Celiac related. I try to watch my diet as closely as I can, but have suffered miserably with my sleep issue. I cannot get to sleep, and if and when I do, I can stay asleep.

Does anybody think this could be Celiac/gluten related?

Thanks

Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cdford

cdford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

Definitely. That is why there is a section of this board for sleep problems. Some of us use stretching exercises or warm baths to help. Others require medication. You might want to do a search or look through some of the old posts about this. There is a lot of info on different approaches to the problem.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#3 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

I used to have a hell of a time getting proper sleep. Now that I have been gluten-free it has improved. Also if I don't exercise regularly I don't sleep very well. I have been taking some melatonin at night and that seems to help also.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

Sleep is definitely connected with celiac. I used to always need sleep no matter how much sleep I got I was always tired and had the worst time getting to sleep.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: