Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Tidal Wave Of Intolerance The Aftermath?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Newtoitall

Newtoitall

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hey thur lovely people, A quick question.

from what I gather, the healing process can be long and brutal for some.
alright, all good and fine, BUT I've been dealing with damn near every intolerance there is since this whole ordeal.

I'm basically being told I'm just healing, Anyone else with this kind of healing process? super sensitive digestion?

would love to know this is more common and it does hopefully..subside.. no biggy if not, y'know chickens..great =P

Gluten Free since Xmas 2010

Current Auto Immune Diseases:

Celiac Disease, Interstitial Cystitis, IBS, Dermatitis Herpetiformis, I'm playing life on Hard Mode.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 starrytrekchic

starrytrekchic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

I felt this way after I'd been glutened, early on in the healing process. It took me a while to realize I react to everything (just the mere act of eating) in the days after I've been glutened. Basically, I was irritating the digestive tract which was already pretty irritated from the accidental gluten.

It also happened if I was getting low levels of cross-contamination repeatedly--I felt like I reacted to everything, really it was just that my intestines were constantly, mildly irritated, and any substance crossing through them made them more irritated.

In the end, I was only ever intolerant to onions, but at times when healing, it felt like I was intolerant of everything. So my advice is go through your gluten-free diet and recheck everything, especially for cross-contamination. When you start feeling like you can't eat anything, retrace your steps for a few days and see if there was a triggering point when you might have gotten some gluten.

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

I felt this way after I'd been glutened, early on in the healing process. It took me a while to realize I react to everything (just the mere act of eating) in the days after I've been glutened. Basically, I was irritating the digestive tract which was already pretty irritated from the accidental gluten.

It also happened if I was getting low levels of cross-contamination repeatedly--I felt like I reacted to everything, really it was just that my intestines were constantly, mildly irritated, and any substance crossing through them made them more irritated.

In the end, I was only ever intolerant to onions, but at times when healing, it felt like I was intolerant of everything. So my advice is go through your gluten-free diet and recheck everything, especially for cross-contamination. When you start feeling like you can't eat anything, retrace your steps for a few days and see if there was a triggering point when you might have gotten some gluten.

THANKS! this helps immensely...I have been 100% gluten-free, yet I believe I was glutened at my sister's house, then at the dentist's office 2X in the past month and so, I keep feeling as if I am reacting to EVERYTHING...it's ridiculous. I start to feel a bit better and then,I have heartburn or stomach pain or C or D or a huge increase in the chronic burning neuropathy I have or BRAIN FOG/Exhaustion or insomnia...so I KNOW it's been a gluten dose or CC because these are my "tells". :rolleyes:

I know the healing process is long, but geez, I'd like to have a few good days strung together....It's only been 10 weeks. So I'll be patient, but it's been so long and I was getting discouraged....until I read THIS!!
:)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hey thur lovely people, A quick question.

from what I gather, the healing process can be long and brutal for some.
alright, all good and fine, BUT I've been dealing with damn near every intolerance there is since this whole ordeal.

I'm basically being told I'm just healing, Anyone else with this kind of healing process? super sensitive digestion?

would love to know this is more common and it does hopefully..subside.. no biggy if not, y'know chickens..great =P

Brutal it can be some days,,give your body the time and care it needs to heal

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#5 healinginprogress

healinginprogress

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

This is exactly how I've been feeling, too...like everything is poison, I react to everything! Yesterday I was feeling like I wasn't sure how much more I could take :( This gives me hope...also, I think it's time to get rid of the gluteny shampoo..it's worth a shot.

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

This is exactly how I've been feeling, too...like everything is poison, I react to everything! Yesterday I was feeling like I wasn't sure how much more I could take :( This gives me hope...also, I think it's time to get rid of the gluteny shampoo..it's worth a shot.

Out with the gluteny shampoo!! LOL
I did early on ....and my hair spray too (both had hydrolyzed wheat protein) and my scalp stopped breaking out....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: