3 replies to this topic

#1 ShortStuff2309

ShortStuff2309

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

Oh my gosh! I was just diagnosed with Celiac this past Friday and as I'm reading more and more about it, more and more things are starting to make sense. A while back, I kept getting this rash all over my neck. I never did figure out what it was or why I got it. I hadn't changed anything about anything so I just couldn't figure it out. But now I realize that it's because of this!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:25 AM

Yep. When I first was diagnosed it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and I could look back at the past 10 years and think "THIS is why! Now it all makes sense!". It's a relief isn't it? It's terrible to have something wrong with your body and not know what it is.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#3 ShortStuff2309

ShortStuff2309

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:07 AM

It really is a huge relief. I mean, it stinks to have something like this, but at the same time, it's great to finally know all the why's and what's that have been going around all my life. When I was 12, one day I woke up and had all these watery-looking bumps all over my right knee. I went to doctor and after doctor and no one could figure out what it was and no one could cure it. Just as suddenly as it had appeared, a few years later it was gone. Last year I was suffering from really bad muscle cramps in my legs and went from doctor to doctor, again no one could figure it out. My hair has been falling out like crazy for a while now, to the point where I have all these little bald patches around my face. Now that I look back at these things, I've noticed that when these things were happening, I was also having really bad stomach problems at the same time. It's like all the pieces of the puzzle finally fit now.

#4 watkinson

watkinson

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hi shortstuff2309,
It's so cool when it all falls into place like that isn't it? :D I know what you mean. When I figured out that I had celiacs I balled my eyes out. Not because I was sad that I had the disease, but because I was so relieved to finally know what was wrong with me and that I could "cure" it (manage it, and make myself well) simply by being gluten-free.

Now that we have more knowledge and information than our doctors we can go back and tell them what we have, and get them educated. Yeahhh!!! :D Maybe we can help save someone the agony we went through by not knowing for so many years what was wrong with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: