4 replies to this topic

#1 Brett31m

Brett31m

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

Anybody else been to Italy and tasted the deliciousness that is "Cereal" brand from the Farmacias?

Oh man. I am missing Rome and their gluten free kindness.

For those that are going to Rome anytime soon--La Soffitta in Piazza Risorgimiento (near the Vatican) is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!! And they are the sweetest people.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Anybody else been to Italy and tasted the deliciousness that is "Cereal" brand from the Farmacias?

For those that are going to Rome anytime soon--La Soffitta in Piazza Risorgimiento (near the Vatican) is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!! And they are the sweetest people.

I've been to Rome many times but never with my celiac disease diagnosis. We go to Italy twice a year and then to our house in Croatia - thankfully there is so much fresh yummy stuff including grilled fresh fish and seafood. But I still really, really miss the authentic Italian pizza, breads, pastas and so on. What is served at La Soffitta? I've never eaten there.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 Brett31m

Brett31m

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

I've been to Rome many times but never with my celiac disease diagnosis. We go to Italy twice a year and then to our house in Croatia - thankfully there is so much fresh yummy stuff including grilled fresh fish and seafood. But I still really, really miss the authentic Italian pizza, breads, pastas and so on. What is served at La Soffitta? I've never eaten there.

It's gluten free heaven. They have pizza, pasta, dessert, and a dedicated fryer for calarmari/arancini etc. It was hands down the best food I have ever tested, both gluten-free and non gluten-free.

#4 GFinVenice

GFinVenice

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

Ciao, I am italian from Venice...I have been to la Soffitta in Rome and , as italian, I have to say that the food there it is great....I really suggest this place for everybody....
ciao Veronica
When seven years ago I found out that my daughter was celiac I started to cook everything she was asking me.....and in a few months I will publish a recepies book!

#5 GFinVenice

GFinVenice

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

Ciao...you know Cereal is not one of the best one.....next time you come...maybe in Venice, where I lived, I will be happy to suggest you very very good brands!!!!
ciao
Veronica
ps: la soffitta is great...I have benn there once
When seven years ago I found out that my daughter was celiac I started to cook everything she was asking me.....and in a few months I will publish a recepies book!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: