8 replies to this topic

#1 NateJ

NateJ

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Does anyone have a problem digesting red meat specifically hamburger?
I ate a hamburger last (no bread) night and shortly after finishing my ab started pulsating.
My wife said it felt like a baby kicking. It lasted until i went to sleep.
It actually got sort of violent a few times, making me jump. It was like i could feel
it traveling through me all the way. Very strange, never happened to me before.
I ate a steak the other night and didn't have any issue.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

Where was the hamburger from? Was there any filler added?

#3 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

Did it have soy in it? Soy hamburgers do that to my stomach.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

#4 NateJ

NateJ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

just from the grocery store. It was in the meat section. like already made patties. Not the ones in the boxes
but the ones in a meat package. It just said 100% USDA beef on it.

#5 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Could have been cross-contamination, but otherwise I don't have any insight.

#6 cassP

cassP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

just from the grocery store. It was in the meat section. like already made patties. Not the ones in the boxes
but the ones in a meat package. It just said 100% USDA beef on it.

did u say- "already made patties" ?? but NOT the ones in the box? so the meat dep. people made them?
cause i was gonna add that those ones in the boxes- or the premade burgers that MOST restaurants serve now- give me the worst stomach ache- they're so bad quality- that they have to overcook them- im assuming they're made of "factory beef" meaning they come from the few factories in america with thousands of cattle in one burger- they totally kill my stomach- and i avoid them at all cost.
but if you got it freshly ground/premade at the store- then they should be better. unless you yourself like your burgers pretty well-done. when beef is well-done or over done- they're really hard to digest. red meat is much easier to digest if done medium rare or medium.
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

#7 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

I have trouble digesting meat too. After I eat meat my tummy rumbles and it feels like a baby is inside kicking. I can put my hand on my stomach and it bops and hops around. I probably eat beef once every 3 or 4 months.
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#8 NateJ

NateJ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

I have trouble digesting meat too. After I eat meat my tummy rumbles and it feels like a baby is inside kicking. I can put my hand on my stomach and it bops and hops around. I probably eat beef once every 3 or 4 months.

I love your quote in your sig. sums up my life.

#9 ali_squidz

ali_squidz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

I changed over to turkey burger instead. The grease from regular burger is hard on my stomach. Symptoms just like what that person above posted. When they make premade burger patties, they put seasonings which often have wheat and maltodexrin in them. Not good. They also use the fattiest meat because it grills up better as well. Try making your own home made burger from 93% lean and try the turkey burger as well. I bet that will help you greatly. Watch out for seasonings too. They have hidden ingredients.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: