Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Birthday Party Help (Not Celiac Related!)

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 divamomma

divamomma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

My daughter is turning 5 next month. We are planning a Fancy Nancy tea party/spa station day. We have one little boy coming. What is an easy craft he can do while the girls make paper fans? The girls will also be getting nails done, glitter in hair etc, I guess he can get gel in his hair, maybe a tattoo.

My other daughter had a hula party last year and this boy also came. I purposely bought him some boy things to wear while the girls wore leis and hula skirts but he did not want to do any of it.

I am torn between going out of my way to have boy things for him (that he probably wont use/do) and just having the party the way I/daughter want it. If he doesn't want to participate anyway what's the point?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!I hate incorporating one boy into a girly party! (is that rude to say??? lol)

Mommy to 2 Divas in Training
~6 yr old daughter positive Celiac blood test December 2010 (at age 4)~
~Positive Biopsy January 10, 2011~
~Gluten Free since January 11, 2011~

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Do you think he would be interested in making a jello aquarium or some cool science experiments? All you do for an aquarium is make blue jello that day and let it firm up but not totally set. Purchase gummy worms, whales or whatever for him to put into the container (clear glass or even a large plastic cup). Then he can either take it home and eat it later. Since that does not take long to do, perhaps you could make some edible sculpting clay which he could form into his own shapes.

I taught Sunday School for years (ages 2-10) and have lots of ideas if you want. Plus I have a neat book on crafts and science experiments...

Another cool idea is making a greenhouse in a bag - add seeds, etc. and tape to a window so it gets lots of light. Not instant gratification but cool nonetheless! And neat and tidy.

Toothpaste putty is fun, too - you create whatever you want and the putty hardens rock hard in 24 hours.

Or maybe even the ubiquitous crayon melt art (i.e. grating up old crayons, placing between wax paper, and ironing).

Edited by love2travel, 14 March 2011 - 10:27 AM.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Do you have a gameboy? My daughter's little boy friend came over after school to play when she wasn't feeling well. She had him sitting staring at the dyer waiting for her blanket to be dry. I slipped him the gameboy to play while his princess was waiting for her blanket.
I would have small game type things for him to do, maybe even take home. It's hard to suggest without knowing his personality.
Michigan

#4 Live Love Twillight

Live Love Twillight

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

My daughter is turning 5 next month. We are planning a Fancy Nancy tea party/spa station day. We have one little boy coming. What is an easy craft he can do while the girls make paper fans? The girls will also be getting nails done, glitter in hair etc, I guess he can get gel in his hair, maybe a tattoo.

My other daughter had a hula party last year and this boy also came. I purposely bought him some boy things to wear while the girls wore leis and hula skirts but he did not want to do any of it.

I am torn between going out of my way to have boy things for him (that he probably wont use/do) and just having the party the way I/daughter want it. If he doesn't want to participate anyway what's the point?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!I hate incorporating one boy into a girly party! (is that rude to say??? lol)

i totally understand that.....sumtimes kids dont like being "speical treatment" cuz of differences (food allergy, gender, age, etc.) i think the best thing 2 do is hav him do the stuf, i remember wen my bro was young he always wanted his toes painted when i got mine dun!!!! :D LOL but maybe the best thing 2 do wuld B 2 not invite him......? i understand if he is like the child of a close fam friend er sumthin, but this is a "girls" party, not a mixed sooooooooo yah.....hope this helps :P :wub:
"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume." ~Romeo & Juilet Act II Scene IV

I do not suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself-everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Be grateful for what you have today-you never know what tomorrow will bring. . .or take away.

Don't Worry Boys. . .I'm Gluten Free!!

#5 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Do you think he would be interested in making a jello aquarium or some cool science experiments? All you do for an aquarium is make blue jello that day and let it firm up but not totally set. Purchase gummy worms, whales or whatever for him to put into the container (clear glass or even a large plastic cup). Then he can either take it home and eat it later. Since that does not take long to do, perhaps you could make some edible sculpting clay which he could form into his own shapes.

What a neat idea! My kids would have loved it. Might even find the girls are more interested in that project than the nailpainting and hairdos.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#6 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Why can't he make a fan too? He can make one for his mom or for his sister if he thinks it's too girly or he can use the paper to make paper airplanes or just color a picture something instead. If it's meant to be a girl only party why invite him? Or did his parents insist on bringing him along with his sister or something? If that's the case I think his parents are the rude ones and I would not go out of my way to accomodate the boy. Tell the parents it's a girly party and if they MUST bring him to bring some toys he can play with on his own in another room. It sounds like he didn't want anything to do with the hula party so why force him to play with the girls if he doesn't want to?
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: