31 replies to this topic

#31 zus888

zus888

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

After the suggestion from Zu888 I have read the book Healthier Without Wheat and it really has confirmed in my mind I am not Celiac Disease but I do have non-celiac gluten intolerance.

As per the book it states
"Gliadin is a type of gluten. When the immune system attacks gluten, it produces gliadin antitbodies. If you have gliadin antibodies, then it is apparent that your immune system has interpreted that gluten is not food; it is a foreign invader that must be eliminated from the body. It attacks any gluten you eat. If either your IgA or IgG gliadin antibody test is positive, then you have a strong immune reaction to gluten and thus a gluten intolerance".

Basically the only different between the Celiac Disease and non-celiac gluten intolerance, is that in Celiac Disease you have Villous atrophy (damage of villi in the stomach), while symptoms & treatment are exactly the same for both.

I too was so confused but now I'm positive that I have non-celiac gluten intolerance and will live a gluten free lifestyle for life.

Hope this helps, the book is definitely a great read and really puts everything into content

I'm so glad you liked it, and it helped you as much as it helped me! :) It really made sense to me and helped me be at ease with my inconclusive bloodwork, and made me think about the connection of this gluten thing to all my other autoimmune diseases.

I'm not sure where you can get the book - I'm assuming (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned). My brother gave it to me as a gift (I think from amazon).
Suzanna

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 eatlovehope

eatlovehope

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm so glad you liked it, and it helped you as much as it helped me! :) It really made sense to me and helped me be at ease with my inconclusive bloodwork, and made me think about the connection of this gluten thing to all my other autoimmune diseases.

I'm not sure where you can get the book - I'm assuming (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned). My brother gave it to me as a gift (I think from amazon).

Thanks Suzanne
I live in Australia. I found it on a online bookstore called fishpond in Australia. I'm sure they ship internationally...

I actually feel like taking the book to my own doctor so she can read the research, as it was pretty obvious she knew very little about it...She just said no you don't have Celiac, and left it like that....

Thanks again for the recommendation...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: