Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bleeding And Abdominal Pain

4 posts in this topic

Hi all~~~~

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with ulcerated colitis and celiac disease. I have been gluten free for 9 days. They started me on Asacol 3 days ago and I have been having abdominal and intestinal pain since I started the gluten free diet. I started bleeding yesterday. Has anyone else had these symptoms from starting gluten free or starting Asacol?

Ads by Google:

Hi all~~~~

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with ulcerated colitis and celiac disease. I have been gluten free for 9 days. They started me on Asacol 3 days ago and I have been having abdominal and intestinal pain since I started the gluten free diet. I started bleeding yesterday. Has anyone else had these symptoms from starting gluten free or starting Asacol?

The gluten-free diet should not make you bleed. That is one of the possible severe side effects of Asacol. See here: http://www.drugs.com/asacol.html

Get medical help ASAP! At the very least, call your doctor's office and speak to the nurse on call.

Ditto to response above. Seek medical assistance, NOW. Do not wait. The issue needs to be addressed by a professional, TODAY.

Ditto to response above. Seek medical assistance, NOW. Do not wait. The issue needs to be addressed by a professional, TODAY.

Thank you for your responses!!!