6 replies to this topic

#1 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:28 AM

I made pancakes with Bob's Red Mill gluten free pancake mix today. I want to say they came out very well. As fluffy as bisquick! I added apple sauce and cinnamon/sugar, and used rice milk rather than regular milk. The pancakes were not gritty as some mixes I've bought in the past are. The pancakes did not taste like corn. They were not thin and watery. They were great big, fluffy, moist *I think the apple sauce helps* pancakes. Since I've decided to make my entire family gluten free *after reading Dangerous Grains*, I've been looking for near-perfect substitutions of our gluten full products. This product is a perfect replacement for regular pancakes!
I believe in God.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AnnieMarie

AnnieMarie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

I am new here my name is Annie, i also have tried these pancakes and they are a welcome addition. I thought they were very tasty! yum!

I live in the adirondacks and we also have real maple syrup, yummmy!!

When I want a "bread fix" in the AM I fry and egg and just pop one of the pancakes that were premade in the toaster and butter it.

Annie

#3 JANELOVESGRAINS

JANELOVESGRAINS

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:14 AM

My daughter was recently diagnosed and we tried those pancakes- they are delicious! I couldn't even tell a difference! Has anyone tried Bob's Red Mill Brownie Mix? We bought that last week and made them after school one night. They are wonderful! Rich and chocolaty- just what we were craving!

#4 pugsnapps

pugsnapps

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

Bob's Red Mill's Brownie mix is one of my favorites... I make them with the cream cheese swirl throughout. I brought them to work for a group snack and nobody could believe they didn't have regular flour in them. Unfortuneatly, I sort of got addicted to them and put on quite a few pounds (I'd eat the whole thing my self). So I limit them to special occassions only now.

Personally I like the Arrowhead Mills Pancake mix a little better than the Bob's. It makes excellent muffins too. I made banana nut muffins with little chocolate chips that were so good... I ate most of them my self. I also will make a batch of pancakes using the muffin recipe and excluding the Honey.... I stick these little flap jacks in the fridge and use them to make PB&J sandwiches for when I'm on the go.

#5 wildcatherder

wildcatherder

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Bob's Red Mill's Brownie mix is one of my favorites... I make them with the cream cheese swirl throughout. I brought them to work for a group snack and nobody could believe they didn't have regular flour in them. Unfortuneatly, I sort of got addicted to them and put on quite a few pounds (I'd eat the whole thing my self). So I limit them to special occassions only now.

Personally I like the Arrowhead Mills Pancake mix a little better than the Bob's. It makes excellent muffins too. I made banana nut muffins with little chocolate chips that were so good... I ate most of them my self. I also will make a batch of pancakes using the muffin recipe and excluding the Honey.... I stick these little flap jacks in the fridge and use them to make PB&J sandwiches for when I'm on the go.

I don't see how you used the muffin recipe. It has WAY too little liquid, as simple comparison with the pancake recipe would show. Oddly enough, three YEARS ago, I wrote Arrowhead Mills about this obvious error in the muffin recipe on the label. They wrote back acknowledging the error but have NEVER changed the recipe. Very strange behavior.

#6 Lanie940

Lanie940

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

I agree about the Brownie mix. I also tried Pamala's Pancake and Baking mix and it was very good also Actually, I made my sister-in-laws chocolate cake (one you put hot coffee in) and used Pamala's gluten free baking mix and it turned out ok, except it sunk when i stuck the toothpick in to test for doneness. I think because my baking soda had expired. :( but oh man it still was good and so moist and chocolatey!

#7 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:24 AM

I stopped using Arrowhead Mills flours when I finally figured out that they were the source of CC I was getting. It can vary from batch to batch, so please be careful.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: