This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Does Everyone Eat For Breakfast?

plumbago

Juliebove Rising Star

I'm not the one with the gluten issues. But I don't usually eat a big breakfast. Today I had cottage cheese and toast. Sometimes I had cereal. Yesterday I had an upset stomach so just plain rice. Sometimes I have polenta with tomato sauce.

Daughter is the one with gluten issues. She doesn't much like breakfast. Lately she has been eating apples and carrots. Once in a while I'll make bacon and we'll both have that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

larry mac Enthusiast

Monday - Friday it's a quick bowl of Chex with 2% milk. And coffee of course (with Truvia).

Weekends might be either buttered toasted Udi's bread, or toasted Udi's bagel, with jam or agave syrup. And perhaps eggs & bacon. Or breakfast tacos with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, and homemade salsa.

best regards, lm

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I had to leave dairy and eggs so that limited my breakfasts.

Lately it's these cookies for breakfast or you could call em grainless granola bars if ya want. ;)

It is just perfect to grab two big cookies and a cup of coffee and head out the door.

If you can have nuts that is.

Nutty Cookies (Adapted from Elana's Pantry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe)

1 cup Grapeseed oil

1 cup Agave syrup

1 T. Vanilla

5 cups Almond flour

1/2 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Baking soda

Bunch of Walnuts

Bunch of Cashews

I add as many walnuts and cashews as the batter will hold. I mound them up on a cookie sheet and bake until done. 325 bout 10-12 min.

Hmm I might try baking them as a bar. Never thought of it til now.

Marie1976 Enthusiast

My latest breakfasts are smoothies. I put the following in a blender. Yogurt (vanilla or something I like) banana, strawberries or any other fruit I like (Kiwi, blueberries etc.) Then a good handful of spinach. If you use bananas you don't taste the spinach at all and it helps with staying full. Blend - and it's yummy. (My kids haven't figured out why it's green yet!) I drink on the way to work.

I do spinach smoothies too! When I give it to my little ones, I call it swamp juice (think Shrek) and they love it. (It's all in the name -- broccoli is called dinosaur trees at my house.) They love peanut butter smoothies too: peanut butter, bananas, rice (or soy) milk, vanilla yogurt, ice cubes and a little Stevia or agave nectar. Don't put in too much peanut butter though or it will be too... peanut buttery.

plumbago Experienced

I'd like to thank everyone for responding. There are some fantastic ideas here, especially those I can make ahead. I will come back to this again and again.

Plumbago

Emilushka Contributor

I have to eat breakfast every day or I starve until lunch. I eat 2 eggs, whisked together in a bowl and then nuked in one of those egg poacher-style containers. Usually I add some lean ham (pre-cooked) and mustard on gluten-free, dairy-free bread. That gives me protein, fat, and carbs. I find with the combo, I easily stay full until lunch.

ElseB Contributor

What I like to call "breakfast rice". I hate rice pudding as a dessert, but I often make a form of it for breakfast. Take leftover rice. Mix in milk and/or yogurt of choice. Add cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts. I often make up a big batch at the beginning of the week and put a serving in a small container and eat it when I get to work. Works great with quinoa too. You can also mix in flax or chia meal if you want extra fibre (if you're like me and C is your problem and not D!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rdunbar Explorer

green beans, carrots, a turnip, all steamed. some ground beef.

sometimes, even a salad, w/ avacado.

sweet potato, squash.

I only eat meat, and vegetables, and a little fruit, so...

• 3 years later...
marjean Newbie

Actually I eat a lot of different things..One morning I make my own fruit smoothie, sometimes gluten free waffles/pancakes, eggs,rice chex..sometimes I just want some toast w/ SKIPPY peanut butter, or gluten free jelly...and they make great gluten free oatmeal and I add blueberries or a banana..

Nikki2777 Community Regular

Crustless mini quiches are pretty easy to make and you can pop a couple out every day to heat up.  I don't have a recipe on hand, but easy to find online.

Azenka Newbie

Eggs, nearly every morning. 

I sometimes make buckwheat banana pancakes with apple cider instead of milk or water. Soooo good.

Scrambled eggs with onion is standard. Sometimes I melt Daiya in them (cheese substitute), sometimes hot sauce, sometimes ketchup, sometimes mushrooms, peppers and/or tomato (I would have tomato more but partner hates it), curry them sometimes with ground and fresh coriander and cumin. Fried in olive oil or coconut oil or leftover grease from some meat I've had recently. 

I would eat bacon regularly but since I moved and I cannot find a source of it where the preservatives in it don't give me a rash. I recently found some gluten-free turkey sausages at Costco; 2 boxes were gone in less than a week and no itchy rash! 

mbrookes Community Regular

This morning I ate the last piece of chess pie (gluten-free crust, of course) with a cup of coffee. Monday, it's back to the gym!

• 3 years later...
DanaChambers Newbie

I had bread and butter.

Archived