36 replies to this topic

#31 Emilushka

Emilushka

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

I have to eat breakfast every day or I starve until lunch. I eat 2 eggs, whisked together in a bowl and then nuked in one of those egg poacher-style containers. Usually I add some lean ham (pre-cooked) and mustard on gluten-free, dairy-free bread. That gives me protein, fat, and carbs. I find with the combo, I easily stay full until lunch.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 ElseB

ElseB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

What I like to call "breakfast rice". I hate rice pudding as a dessert, but I often make a form of it for breakfast. Take leftover rice. Mix in milk and/or yogurt of choice. Add cinnamon, dried fruit, nuts. I often make up a big batch at the beginning of the week and put a serving in a small container and eat it when I get to work. Works great with quinoa too. You can also mix in flax or chia meal if you want extra fibre (if you're like me and C is your problem and not D!)

#33 rdunbar

rdunbar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

green beans, carrots, a turnip, all steamed. some ground beef.

sometimes, even a salad, w/ avacado.
sweet potato, squash.

I only eat meat, and vegetables, and a little fruit, so...

#34 marjean

marjean

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

Actually I eat a lot of different things..One morning I make my own fruit smoothie, sometimes gluten free waffles/pancakes, eggs,rice chex..sometimes I just want some toast w/ SKIPPY peanut butter, or gluten free jelly...and they make great gluten free oatmeal and I add blueberries or a banana..

#35 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Crustless mini quiches are pretty easy to make and you can pop a couple out every day to heat up.  I don't have a recipe on hand, but easy to find online.

#36 Azenka

Azenka

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

Eggs, nearly every morning. 

I sometimes make buckwheat banana pancakes with apple cider instead of milk or water. Soooo good.

Scrambled eggs with onion is standard. Sometimes I melt Daiya in them (cheese substitute), sometimes hot sauce, sometimes ketchup, sometimes mushrooms, peppers and/or tomato (I would have tomato more but partner hates it), curry them sometimes with ground and fresh coriander and cumin. Fried in olive oil or coconut oil or leftover grease from some meat I've had recently. 

I would eat bacon regularly but since I moved and I cannot find a source of it where the preservatives in it don't give me a rash. I recently found some gluten-free turkey sausages at Costco; 2 boxes were gone in less than a week and no itchy rash! 

#37 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

This morning I ate the last piece of chess pie (gluten-free crust, of course) with a cup of coffee. Monday, it's back to the gym!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: