70 replies to this topic

#1 catsmeow

catsmeow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

I would love to know what others are eating daily, and record what I am eating everyday. I have a wheat allergy and am 40 pounds overweight. I would like to put this thread up daily as a tool to help us be more accountable for what we eat, and get food ideas from what others are eating. Wether you are trying to gain, lose or stay the same, I would love to hear from you. Do you want to join me? I'll start:

Breakfast-one piece of toasted Udi's bread with butter, a fried egg on top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Coffee, cream and sugar.

Lunch-One Aidells chicken apple sausage sauted with fresh onions, and red/yellow peppers, Fresh cut up strawberries and a granny smith individual apple sauce.

Snack-8 schars crackers (yum) with cheese

Dinner-3 ounces of pot roast, 3 small red potatoes, 8 roasted baby carrots.

Snack= 1/4 cup M&M's ;)

Water-64 ounces
vitamins-yes
exercise-yes

Calories- 1044
Protein- 40 grams (terrible)My goal is 70 grams per day
carbs- 101 grams
fat- 45 grams
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sallyb

sallyb

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

I love this idea!
I've only been gluten free for 6 day's, but here's what I had today.

Breakfast-gluten-free Chex (Honey nut flavor)

Snacked on gluten-free Kettle chips

Lunch-1/2 cucumber and 5 baby carrots with gluten-free thousand island dressing

Dinner-Simply Shari's gluten-free pizza :D
Finally diagnosed with celiac disease march 14th 2011 after 16 years.

My blessings outweigh my regrets by far.

#3 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

NOT that I'm one to offer an eating plan... cause I don't eat breakfast. I drink coffee all morning and have lunch at about noon. Today was bacon and lettuce ('cause we didn't have any tomatoes) using Pamela's bread and Hellman's mayo. For supper, I had cole slaw w/ homemade dressing and chunks of hot corned beef I cooked yesterday in the crockpot (more cole slaw than meat). And some wine. I'm not a really good example of how to eat on a daily basis...
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#4 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

NOT that I'm one to offer an eating plan... cause I don't eat breakfast. I drink coffee all morning and have lunch at about noon. Today was bacon and lettuce ('cause we didn't have any tomatoes) using Pamela's bread and Hellman's mayo. For supper, I had cole slaw w/ homemade dressing and chunks of hot corned beef I cooked yesterday in the crockpot (more cole slaw than meat). And some wine. I'm not a really good example of how to eat on a daily basis...

I think you did pretty good today! Thanks for posting. I forgot about BLT's.....now that I have Udi'd and Rudy'd bread, I may have to have that! Yum!!!

I see you are dairy free. I am suspecting that I am having trouble with dairy as well. I won't be happy about it either, if it turns out to be true. You must still be mourning the loss of dairy..(((hugs)))...I'm still mourning wheat, it's been almost a year, but I think I may have had a turning point recently, I think I had my last big Wah Wah/temper tamptrum session, and am starting to accept it better.

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#5 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

I drink a smoothie every morning with 1/2 cup organic blueberries, 1/2 cup organic Concord grape juice, a cup of organic yogurt, a cup of organic milk, and ALL of my supplements thrown into it. I then proceed to drink black coffee for the next couple of hours.

Today, I had a tuna melt on Udi sandwich bread (tuna, Smart Balance mayo, mustard, onions, balsamic vinegar and a slice of cheddar cheese). I had an organic apple for a snack.

For dinner, I had Tilapia with lemon and dill, spaghetti noodles with a lemon-garlic sauce I made fresh, and sauteed broccoli with the same lemon-garlic sauce. I had two glasses of Chardonnay to round out the whole thing.

You know, I like BLT's, too, but I prefer to wrap the tomato and bacon in the lettuce--it's soooo much better than on bread....and fewer calories, too.

#6 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I drink a smoothie every morning with 1/2 cup organic blueberries, 1/2 cup organic Concord grape juice, a cup of organic yogurt, a cup of organic milk, and ALL of my supplements thrown into it. I then proceed to drink black coffee for the next couple of hours.

Today, I had a tuna melt on Udi sandwich bread (tuna, Smart Balance mayo, mustard, onions, balsamic vinegar and a slice of cheddar cheese). I had an organic apple for a snack.

For dinner, I had Tilapia with lemon and dill, spaghetti noodles with a lemon-garlic sauce I made fresh, and sauteed broccoli with the same lemon-garlic sauce. I had two glasses of Chardonnay to round out the whole thing.

You know, I like BLT's, too, but I prefer to wrap the tomato and bacon in the lettuce--it's soooo much better than on bread....and fewer calories, too.

Your foods sound delicious! I need to dump the butter and get something like smart balance instead.

I like your BLT idea, and your tuna melt sounds divine!

Thanks for posting!

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#7 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

I love this idea!
I've only been gluten free for 6 day's, but here's what I had today.

Breakfast-gluten-free Chex (Honey nut flavor)

Snacked on gluten-free Kettle chips

Lunch-1/2 cucumber and 5 baby carrots with gluten-free thousand island dressing

Dinner-Simply Shari's gluten-free pizza :D

Thanks for posting!!!! You sure had a low calorie day! Everything is gluten free. Are you feeling better at the 6 day mark?

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#8 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

Well today was not the healthiest example for me:

Breakfast: 1 banana

Lunch: a bowl of popcorn made on the stove top with olive oil and salted with sea salt.
A Heritage "real sugar" dr pepper :)

Dinner: One baked chicken breast coated with mayo, Nature's path cornflakes and cajun seasoning
about 1/2 cup of steamed peas
about 3/4 cup of Betty Crocker Potato Buds made with olive oil and almond milk to be dairy and soy free.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#9 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

I used to eat breakfast everyday..oatmeal with honey and whole wheat toast..no wonder I was in so much pain!

Now I tend to skip breakfast to remain pain free and have black coffee with sugar. Sometimes I eat boiled eggs with fruit or scrambled eggs. For lunch it is usually cooked veggies or a small salad with strawberries, green grapes(fruit that does alright by me) grilled fresh herb chicken breast. A natural fat free salad dressing with no corn or soy! Dinner? A small amount of protien and veggies.

I eat small meals because I find that I do better that way. Less pain.....

I've gain 10 pounds since being gluten-free, at first I ate a lot of gluten-free replacements plus nuts. Now, I do not eat a lot of gluten-free products, my treat is gluten-free pizza crust every now and then. I eat whole foods with little to no grains. At my year mark I plan on having a sandwich!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#10 thleensd

thleensd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

I can't stop thinking about what I want to eat next today, so I'll come play!

(trying to gain)

B: Eggs, fruit/yogurt smoothie, banana
Brunch: Hamburger patty and brown rice
Lunch: Burrito bowl (chipotle style w/left over roast beef, beans, brown rice, rice chips and the fixin's)
Dinner: Chicken and veggie stir-fry with white rice
Late night snack: baked potato slices with sour cream and cheese.

Wow, that was a rice-filled day. Must diversify tomorrow!

Vitamins, check; exercise, check; nap, CHECK! =)
Diagnosed 2/12/09 by biopsy after years of anemia, neuropathy, dizziness, brain fog, pain and more.
Negative blood tests (following gluten light diet)

Still healing with time, harmony, and good food.
Grain-free 1/11/11

Blogging Gluten-Free

#11 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

I can't stop thinking about what I want to eat next today, so I'll come play!

(trying to gain)

B: Eggs, fruit/yogurt smoothie, banana
Brunch: Hamburger patty and brown rice
Lunch: Burrito bowl (chipotle style w/left over roast beef, beans, brown rice, rice chips and the fixin's)
Dinner: Chicken and veggie stir-fry with white rice
Late night snack: baked potato slices with sour cream and cheese.

Wow, that was a rice-filled day. Must diversify tomorrow!

Vitamins, check; exercise, check; nap, CHECK! =)

Wow, you did well! Pleanty of protein, veggies and fruit, plus some healthy carbs!!! I'll start a Sunday thread later this morning.

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#12 Emma-Lee

Emma-Lee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

Breakfast: smoothie- non-fat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, orange juice, honey, banana & ice

Snack: hummus & carrot sticks

Lunch: sandwich- Udi's bread, mayo, mustard, dill Havarti cheese, avocado, tomato, Turkey

Snack: red grapes, rice crispy bar (gluten-free), 4 Pamela's simple bites chocolate chip cookies, raisins

Dinner: French style baked pork chop (breaded with gluten-free breadcrumbs), garlic and onion stir-fry asparagus, applesauce with cloves and Cinnamon

#13 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

Breakfast: smoothie- non-fat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, orange juice, honey, banana & ice

Snack: hummus & carrot sticks

Lunch: sandwich- Udi's bread, mayo, mustard, dill Havarti cheese, avocado, tomato, Turkey

Snack: red grapes, rice crispy bar (gluten-free), 4 Pamela's simple bites chocolate chip cookies, raisins

Dinner: French style baked pork chop (breaded with gluten-free breadcrumbs), garlic and onion stir-fry asparagus, applesauce with cloves and Cinnamon

Delicious! You eat very healthy and well!!!

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#14 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

(yesterday)

Breakfast: 2 T pocono cream of buckwheat and 1 T bob's red mill might tasty gluten-free hot cereal cooked in water with about 2 T sliced almonds, 1 T ground flaxseeds, 1/3 c frozen blueberries, 1/3 C frozen cranberries, and a dash of maple syrup. To drink: one thermos of lavendar black tea. And, I think I took 1 multimineral, 1/2 of a magnesium, and a probiotic.

Lunch: 2/3 cup cooked black quinoa, 1/2 cup cooked black beans, 2/3 cup diced cucumber and a few tablespoons of chopped roasted red pepper tossed in a mustard-olive oil-white wine vinegar dressing. Two black bean brownies.

Dinner: 1 c cooked ancient harvest pagodas with 1 can tuna, about 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, 1 cup peas, 2 T olive oil, 3 or 4 T pecorino romano, dried oregano and basil. Dried apricots and figs for dessert.

Snack: brown rice crackers with PB/flaxseed/maple syrup spread.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#15 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

^ exercise, biking about an hour
water to drink, throughout the day and with meals.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: