This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Whatcha Eating Today Celiacs?

catsmeow

catsmeow Contributor

I would love to know what others are eating daily, and record what I am eating everyday. I have a wheat allergy and am 40 pounds overweight. I would like to put this thread up daily as a tool to help us be more accountable for what we eat, and get food ideas from what others are eating. Wether you are trying to gain, lose or stay the same, I would love to hear from you. Do you want to join me? I'll start:

Breakfast-one piece of toasted Udi's bread with butter, a fried egg on top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Coffee, cream and sugar.

Lunch-One Aidells chicken apple sausage sauted with fresh onions, and red/yellow peppers, Fresh cut up strawberries and a granny smith individual apple sauce.

Snack-8 schars crackers (yum) with cheese

Dinner-3 ounces of pot roast, 3 small red potatoes, 8 roasted baby carrots.

Snack= 1/4 cup M&M's ;)

Water-64 ounces

vitamins-yes

exercise-yes

Calories- 1044

Protein- 40 grams (terrible)My goal is 70 grams per day

carbs- 101 grams

fat- 45 grams

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sallyb Newbie

I love this idea!

I've only been gluten free for 6 day's, but here's what I had today.

Breakfast-gluten-free Chex (Honey nut flavor)

Snacked on gluten-free Kettle chips

Lunch-1/2 cucumber and 5 baby carrots with gluten-free thousand island dressing

Dinner-Simply Shari's gluten-free pizza :D

luvs2eat Collaborator

NOT that I'm one to offer an eating plan... cause I don't eat breakfast. I drink coffee all morning and have lunch at about noon. Today was bacon and lettuce ('cause we didn't have any tomatoes) using Pamela's bread and Hellman's mayo. For supper, I had cole slaw w/ homemade dressing and chunks of hot corned beef I cooked yesterday in the crockpot (more cole slaw than meat). And some wine. I'm not a really good example of how to eat on a daily basis...

catsmeow Contributor

NOT that I'm one to offer an eating plan... cause I don't eat breakfast. I drink coffee all morning and have lunch at about noon. Today was bacon and lettuce ('cause we didn't have any tomatoes) using Pamela's bread and Hellman's mayo. For supper, I had cole slaw w/ homemade dressing and chunks of hot corned beef I cooked yesterday in the crockpot (more cole slaw than meat). And some wine. I'm not a really good example of how to eat on a daily basis...

I think you did pretty good today! Thanks for posting. I forgot about BLT's.....now that I have Udi'd and Rudy'd bread, I may have to have that! Yum!!!

I see you are dairy free. I am suspecting that I am having trouble with dairy as well. I won't be happy about it either, if it turns out to be true. You must still be mourning the loss of dairy..(((hugs)))...I'm still mourning wheat, it's been almost a year, but I think I may have had a turning point recently, I think I had my last big Wah Wah/temper tamptrum session, and am starting to accept it better.

rosetapper23 Explorer

I drink a smoothie every morning with 1/2 cup organic blueberries, 1/2 cup organic Concord grape juice, a cup of organic yogurt, a cup of organic milk, and ALL of my supplements thrown into it. I then proceed to drink black coffee for the next couple of hours.

Today, I had a tuna melt on Udi sandwich bread (tuna, Smart Balance mayo, mustard, onions, balsamic vinegar and a slice of cheddar cheese). I had an organic apple for a snack.

For dinner, I had Tilapia with lemon and dill, spaghetti noodles with a lemon-garlic sauce I made fresh, and sauteed broccoli with the same lemon-garlic sauce. I had two glasses of Chardonnay to round out the whole thing.

You know, I like BLT's, too, but I prefer to wrap the tomato and bacon in the lettuce--it's soooo much better than on bread....and fewer calories, too.

catsmeow Contributor

I drink a smoothie every morning with 1/2 cup organic blueberries, 1/2 cup organic Concord grape juice, a cup of organic yogurt, a cup of organic milk, and ALL of my supplements thrown into it. I then proceed to drink black coffee for the next couple of hours.

Today, I had a tuna melt on Udi sandwich bread (tuna, Smart Balance mayo, mustard, onions, balsamic vinegar and a slice of cheddar cheese). I had an organic apple for a snack.

For dinner, I had Tilapia with lemon and dill, spaghetti noodles with a lemon-garlic sauce I made fresh, and sauteed broccoli with the same lemon-garlic sauce. I had two glasses of Chardonnay to round out the whole thing.

You know, I like BLT's, too, but I prefer to wrap the tomato and bacon in the lettuce--it's soooo much better than on bread....and fewer calories, too.

Your foods sound delicious! I need to dump the butter and get something like smart balance instead.

I like your BLT idea, and your tuna melt sounds divine!

Thanks for posting!

catsmeow Contributor

I love this idea!

I've only been gluten free for 6 day's, but here's what I had today.

Breakfast-gluten-free Chex (Honey nut flavor)

Snacked on gluten-free Kettle chips

Lunch-1/2 cucumber and 5 baby carrots with gluten-free thousand island dressing

Dinner-Simply Shari's gluten-free pizza :D

Thanks for posting!!!! You sure had a low calorie day! Everything is gluten free. Are you feeling better at the 6 day mark?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Well today was not the healthiest example for me:

Breakfast: 1 banana

Lunch: a bowl of popcorn made on the stove top with olive oil and salted with sea salt.

A Heritage "real sugar" dr pepper :)

Dinner: One baked chicken breast coated with mayo, Nature's path cornflakes and cajun seasoning

about 1/2 cup of steamed peas

about 3/4 cup of Betty Crocker Potato Buds made with olive oil and almond milk to be dairy and soy free.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I used to eat breakfast everyday..oatmeal with honey and whole wheat toast..no wonder I was in so much pain!

Now I tend to skip breakfast to remain pain free and have black coffee with sugar. Sometimes I eat boiled eggs with fruit or scrambled eggs. For lunch it is usually cooked veggies or a small salad with strawberries, green grapes(fruit that does alright by me) grilled fresh herb chicken breast. A natural fat free salad dressing with no corn or soy! Dinner? A small amount of protien and veggies.

I eat small meals because I find that I do better that way. Less pain.....

I've gain 10 pounds since being gluten-free, at first I ate a lot of gluten-free replacements plus nuts. Now, I do not eat a lot of gluten-free products, my treat is gluten-free pizza crust every now and then. I eat whole foods with little to no grains. At my year mark I plan on having a sandwich!

thleensd Enthusiast

I can't stop thinking about what I want to eat next today, so I'll come play!

(trying to gain)

B: Eggs, fruit/yogurt smoothie, banana

Brunch: Hamburger patty and brown rice

Lunch: Burrito bowl (chipotle style w/left over roast beef, beans, brown rice, rice chips and the fixin's)

Dinner: Chicken and veggie stir-fry with white rice

Late night snack: baked potato slices with sour cream and cheese.

Wow, that was a rice-filled day. Must diversify tomorrow!

Vitamins, check; exercise, check; nap, CHECK! =)

catsmeow Contributor

I can't stop thinking about what I want to eat next today, so I'll come play!

(trying to gain)

B: Eggs, fruit/yogurt smoothie, banana

Brunch: Hamburger patty and brown rice

Lunch: Burrito bowl (chipotle style w/left over roast beef, beans, brown rice, rice chips and the fixin's)

Dinner: Chicken and veggie stir-fry with white rice

Late night snack: baked potato slices with sour cream and cheese.

Wow, that was a rice-filled day. Must diversify tomorrow!

Vitamins, check; exercise, check; nap, CHECK! =)

Wow, you did well! Pleanty of protein, veggies and fruit, plus some healthy carbs!!! I'll start a Sunday thread later this morning.

Emma-Lee Rookie

Breakfast: smoothie- non-fat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, orange juice, honey, banana & ice

Snack: hummus & carrot sticks

Lunch: sandwich- Udi's bread, mayo, mustard, dill Havarti cheese, avocado, tomato, Turkey

Snack: red grapes, rice crispy bar (gluten-free), 4 Pamela's simple bites chocolate chip cookies, raisins

Dinner: French style baked pork chop (breaded with gluten-free breadcrumbs), garlic and onion stir-fry asparagus, applesauce with cloves and Cinnamon

catsmeow Contributor

Breakfast: smoothie- non-fat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, orange juice, honey, banana & ice

Snack: hummus & carrot sticks

Lunch: sandwich- Udi's bread, mayo, mustard, dill Havarti cheese, avocado, tomato, Turkey

Snack: red grapes, rice crispy bar (gluten-free), 4 Pamela's simple bites chocolate chip cookies, raisins

Dinner: French style baked pork chop (breaded with gluten-free breadcrumbs), garlic and onion stir-fry asparagus, applesauce with cloves and Cinnamon

Delicious! You eat very healthy and well!!!

sb2178 Enthusiast

(yesterday)

Breakfast: 2 T pocono cream of buckwheat and 1 T bob's red mill might tasty gluten-free hot cereal cooked in water with about 2 T sliced almonds, 1 T ground flaxseeds, 1/3 c frozen blueberries, 1/3 C frozen cranberries, and a dash of maple syrup. To drink: one thermos of lavendar black tea. And, I think I took 1 multimineral, 1/2 of a magnesium, and a probiotic.

Lunch: 2/3 cup cooked black quinoa, 1/2 cup cooked black beans, 2/3 cup diced cucumber and a few tablespoons of chopped roasted red pepper tossed in a mustard-olive oil-white wine vinegar dressing. Two black bean brownies.

Dinner: 1 c cooked ancient harvest pagodas with 1 can tuna, about 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, 1 cup peas, 2 T olive oil, 3 or 4 T pecorino romano, dried oregano and basil. Dried apricots and figs for dessert.

Snack: brown rice crackers with PB/flaxseed/maple syrup spread.

sb2178 Enthusiast

^ exercise, biking about an hour

water to drink, throughout the day and with meals.

sallyb Newbie

Breakfast - ede mame, my 3 year old daughter suggested it!

Snack - peanut m&ms

Lunch - Strawberry and banana smoothie

Snack - envirokids peanut cereal bar

Dinner - chicken with rice and broccoli

Dessert - gluten-free ice cream

P.S. I am not to proud of myself as far as nutrition goes, but i had a lot of cravings!!

Kate79 Apprentice

I'll bite... yesterday:

Breakfast: Pear, coffee, 2 corn tortillas, 1/2 avocado w/lime juice

Lunch: Tamale, 1/2 orange

After workout snack: Celery sticks w/almond butter, coconut water

Dinner: Hamburger patty w/2 corn tortillas, veggies, and other half of morning avocado, handful of tater tots, 1 redbridge beer

Desert: Coconut mint chocolate chip ice cream

Lots of water & mint tea

I pretty much eat corn tortillas in place of bread since going gluten free. We've got a mexican market nearby that gets them fresh every morning. Yum!

Marilyn R Community Regular

I like this thread, it's helping with new ideas!

Breakfast - a banana and peanuts, coffee with rice milk and honey, a multi-vit. with mins, calcium w/ D and a vitamin D capsule.

Snack - peanuts

Lunch - I packed homemade curried pea soup with lots of veggies in it, but I had to go to a business lunch and ordered grilled fish, white rice and redbeans and fried plantains. I was kinds of worried about CC because it was a Cuban restaurant (all that bread) but so far so good!

Dinner - Pounded chicken breast with a little chopped garlic, onion, fresh sage, shredded zucchini & S &P. I roll that up, then wrap a piece of thin bacon around it (applewood smoked is to die for). My sidekick grilled that for me wrapped in foil, along with a sweet tater for me (just scrubbed and stuck in foil, it's perfect on it's own). I made him a big foil packet of thinly sliced white taters with onion, olive oil and s&p.

Tomorrow for breakfast I'll have some left over white potatos, a fried egg white (yolk allergy), the pea soup for lunch, and probably shrimp or something for dinner. (I better go defrost some shrimp!)

sallyb Newbie

Breakfast - Srawberry, apple and banana smoothie

Snack - mini snickers bar and some gluten-free pretzels

Lunch Egg salad sandwich

Dinner - chicken, rice and broccoli with gluten-free terriyaki sauce

tikwid Newbie

Breakfast: 2 egg whites with sliced chicken pieces

Lunch: gluten-free oat bran "pancake" with tofu in curry powder

Afternoon snack: 0% fat Greek yogurt with pumpkin pie spice and Truvia

Dinner: Rolled up pieces of turkey dipped in mustard with 0% fat cottage cheese

Dessert: Possibly more yogurt - I'm addicted!

catsmeow Contributor

I like this thread, it's helping with new ideas!

Breakfast - a banana and peanuts, coffee with rice milk and honey, a multi-vit. with mins, calcium w/ D and a vitamin D capsule.

Snack - peanuts

Lunch - I packed homemade curried pea soup with lots of veggies in it, but I had to go to a business lunch and ordered grilled fish, white rice and redbeans and fried plantains. I was kinds of worried about CC because it was a Cuban restaurant (all that bread) but so far so good!

Dinner - Pounded chicken breast with a little chopped garlic, onion, fresh sage, shredded zucchini & S &P. I roll that up, then wrap a piece of thin bacon around it (applewood smoked is to die for). My sidekick grilled that for me wrapped in foil, along with a sweet tater for me (just scrubbed and stuck in foil, it's perfect on it's own). I made him a big foil packet of thinly sliced white taters with onion, olive oil and s&p.

Tomorrow for breakfast I'll have some left over white potatos, a fried egg white (yolk allergy), the pea soup for lunch, and probably shrimp or something for dinner. (I better go defrost some shrimp!)

YUM!!!!! You are giving me cooking ideas as well!!!!

ciavyn Contributor

Cool! I'm eliminating most simple carbs and limiting even complex carbs to get rid of a sugar craving that knows no bounds.

Breakfast: three scrambled eggs with 1 oz. cheddar cheese. Coffee with non-dairy organic creamer.

Snack: Chobani's greek yogurt 2% plain with vanilla extract and truvia sweetener

Lunch: hamburger with feta cheese, dijionaise mustard, onion, and pickle. Cocoa roasted almonds, one handful.

Snack: Grilled chicken and broccoli.

Kate79 Apprentice

Yesterday:

Breakfast: two corn tortillas w/avocado, tomatillos, lime juice, salt, cilantro, red onion, coffee, cup of whole grain milk

Snack: banana w/handful of walnuts, more coffee

Lunch: Big salad w/hard boiled egg and pumpkin seeds

Snack: Blackberries

Dinner: Steamed cauliflower w/almonds, avocado and beet salad

Dessert: Scoop of coconut mint chocolate chip ice cream

Mint tea & lots of water

Today:

Breakfast: 1 slice toasted Udi's bread w/almond butter, 1 pear, coffee

Snack: Chocolate cupcake w/vanilla frosting (gluten free & vegan), coffee

Lunch: Big salad w/hard boiled egg and pumpkin seeds

Snack: Blackberries

Dinner: Probably homemade left over curried beef and potato stew (really good & easy!) w/corn tortillas

Dessert: Already ate it under 'snack' above :)

Mint tea & water

ali-squidz Newbie

Breakfast : protein shake

Snack: almonds

Lunch: 4 oz chicken breast, plain. Silk soy yogurt. 1,2,3 gluten free brownie.

Snack: v8 fusion juice. Unsweetened applesauce and plain oatmeal mixed together.

Dinner: 4 oz chicken breast, plain. Bush's fiesta black beans (1/2 can).

Drinking water only.

Working out with personal trainer tonight.

GlutenGladi8or Apprentice

Yesterday

First Breakfast: gluten-free oatmeal with PLUMP blackberries

(work out)

Second Breakfast: Egg white omelet with roasted red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, and low fat cheese. One low fat Artichoke & Parmesan chicken sausage.

Mid morning snack: Non fat Greek yogurt with blueberries & protein shake

Lunch: 2 Amy Lu Chicken chicken patties with dijon mustard, steamed microwave vegetables, organic brown rice

Mid afternoon snack: Trek mix (almonds, dried cranberries, pistachios, walnuts, dried cherries) and a small apple

Dinner: 2 Center Cut boneless (fat trimmed) pork chops. Grilled asparagus, quinoa. Dessert: WOW gluten free cookies & dark chocolate

Before bed snack: Low fat cottage cheese with berries

Approximately 100 ounces of water throughout the day.

7 eating incidences throughout the day to maintain stable blood sugar levels.

Archived