Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Your Convenience Store List....

3 posts in this topic

My best friend has decided to go gluten free, as she has seen my results, and in only a few days, has felt tremendous relief in her GI tract (amazing how that works, isn't it?) However, she emailed me last week and said she was so frustrated by the huge level of planning this required. I forgot how hard it was in the beginning. You feel like you have to plan every meal. She had to stop and grab something to eat for her gluten-eating boyfriend, so she went to the convenience store, and was awash with confusion. So I'm throwing it out there to you folks, to help me put together a list of gluten-free items you might get a cafeteria food counter (like in a government building) or at a convenience store (like Wawa or Sheetz). What do y'all buy?

My list so far:

Chips

Popcorn (Popcorn, Indiana is my new favorite)

Snickers

Reese's PB cup

Cheese

Hard-boiled eggs

Salad

Ice cream

Beef jerky

Nuts

Sandwich meat

Bunless burger or hotdog

Obviously, assuming that I've checked the back or know the brand and know that they are safe. What else would you add?

Ads by Google:

My best friend has decided to go gluten free, as she has seen my results, and in only a few days, has felt tremendous relief in her GI tract (amazing how that works, isn't it?) However, she emailed me last week and said she was so frustrated by the huge level of planning this required. I forgot how hard it was in the beginning. You feel like you have to plan every meal. She had to stop and grab something to eat for her gluten-eating boyfriend, so she went to the convenience store, and was awash with confusion. So I'm throwing it out there to you folks, to help me put together a list of gluten-free items you might get a cafeteria food counter (like in a government building) or at a convenience store (like Wawa or Sheetz). What do y'all buy?

My list so far:

Chips

Popcorn (Popcorn, Indiana is my new favorite)

Snickers

Reese's PB cup

Cheese

Hard-boiled eggs

Salad

Ice cream

Beef jerky

Nuts

Sandwich meat

Bunless burger or hotdog

Obviously, assuming that I've checked the back or know the brand and know that they are safe. What else would you add?

Good idea...i needed a list when I was stuck at the mechanic for 4 hours with nothing "safe" in walking distance but a gas station.

My suggestions:

M&Ms, sunflower seeds, some places may have fruit...

Yogurt, fruit. Yeah, the pickin's can be slim at a convenience store.