Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Body Aches

4 posts in this topic

hello, eveyone. my daughter (6yr old)has her first GI visit on the 24 and i am waiting and waiting. but for last 2 weeeks my daughter has been complaining of body aches. the doctor said it could be a virus since no high fever is present. then we went again and she said it could be her allergies. but i don't think the doctor even know. Does anyone have similiar problem? i read in one of the boards that celiac can cause fatigue. what do you do? take motrin everyday? i am confused. should i change doctors? i can't go gluten free yet until teh GI says right?

sarah naser

It could be that she is so malnourished that her bones are starting to disenigrate and that happened to me and besically they said that my bones were so thin that i couldn't walk becuase it hurt me so much maybe you should ask you doctor about that becuase when i was sick they did a muscle biopsy becuase it i couldn't walk and they put me on vitamins and after the diet started i got better and was able to walk again

Hi Sara, I am sorry your daughter is in that kind of pain. Since everyone has different symptoms with Celiac it is possible the "pain" is related!?!?!?

As far as the fatigue goes, I have not found anything that helps with it. Right now, I rest when I need to and try not to overdo it. However when your daughter comes off Gluten she should feel a difference within a couple of days and it can take up to months to feel 100% better.

You can put your daughter on a gluten-free diet at any time but if your GI wants to run blood work or other tests she MUST be on gluten for it to come back accurate. There is another option for you which is Enterolab they perform a stool panel test which is more sensitive than the blood and a lot more accurate and you DO NOT have to be on gluten!!

I know how you must feel my 8 year old has had problems since she was a baby and after I was diagnosed with celiac disease I had her tested through Enterolab and she has it also. After being gluten-free since Sept we are both feeling better, she seems to have more energy and does not complain of abdominal pain!

Hang in there! :D

My daughter definitely has body aches related to gluten. They went away while she was gluten-free for 7 weeks and are back now that she is consuming gluten again for her biospy tomorrow. Mainly it is her legs that ache and not much helps. Warm showers or baths are better than using the motrin for a little one. Good Luck!