2 replies to this topic

#1 etta694

etta694

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

I know it has been said many (tons) of times but I have to say it again because, here I am - a new member and, this forum has made such a difference.
This has been so educational and whole areas of experience are so important.

A friend of mine and I were visiting and I know she is bipolar so I asked "Do you have D by any chance?"
"All my life..."
"IBS?"
"Oh yes, and migraines."

I was all over her to go and get tested and I am so excited that there might be an answer to some of her issues. Even to get rid of the GI issues would help so much.

And now I am starting a support group here and they have a safe place to come and share everything... this site! I feel very thankful for all this offers here.
Y'all ROCK!
Anemia and IBS through my life
2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.
After 5 days - insides began to move
Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Etta!

You rock!!! Look what you are doing? That is so cool!

I'm so happy for your friend!

My sister has a friend who has Hashimoto's...because I have been talking to my sis about my thyroid and my Celiac, she told her friend with Hashimoto's to get tested for Celiac because it is very common.

This is one person at a time....but this place really does Rock!!!

Made me well and I tell everyone about it.

We need little stickers....Green Celiac stickers that say "I went to Celiac.com today." Kinda like the "I voted today" stickers....

that would get word round too!
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 etta694

etta694

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

It's true. What can you say when things all of a sudden make sense and you are being validated. Then you explain it and someone says "That's me too!" It kind of snowballs. I can hardly wait till that support meeting... 3 more days.

Do you know what is cool.. the drugstore here has taken on the job of ordering Gluten Free products for us and the girl in charge... has Celiac! That is the best scenario I could think of. The owner of the store that did this before was looking at it as an income only. This will be a service... and they will care. They are even buying a freezer for frozen goods!

I guess I should move out of here.. this isn't technical or forum info anymore.
Anemia and IBS through my life
2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.
After 5 days - insides began to move
Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: