2 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Girl

Golden Girl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Can you still have symtoms after being gluten free for 2 years? And have different types of food allergies after 2 years? I am wondering if it isn't candida but the doctor doesn't think so. I am so tired and have trouble with wanting to cook after I get home from work. Does anyone have any ideas to help?
I have vitamin D deficiency. Maybe need to move to Golden Co.

Thanks for any ideas.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

You need to get your Vit D levels up if they are low. Low D can cause fatigue and a host of other issues. Do you know what your levels are? Your Dr. can give you an Rx Vit D to get the levels up faster. I have gone through the low D and it ain't fun.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I have read many posts by people who became sensitive to lower gluten levels after they had been gluten free for a couple of years. It certainly happened to me. I did start taking D, but that isn't what helped my energy levels, it was cutting out more processed foods which helped the most. I started keeping a food diary and challenging everything. After a long while I managed to get a diet which works for me.

I still don't have other food allergies. I just have to really watch my sources. I can tolerate dairy only from one farmer, only eggs from another, only chicken from another. Fortunately for me these farmers all work together so it is one stop at the farmer's market. They don't feed their animals gluten grains. That seems to make the difference for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: