5 replies to this topic

#1 healinginprogress

healinginprogress

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

CRAP!!!! I can't believe I just did this!!! My bf brought me some beef jerky, and I didn't even THINK to look at the ingredients...why?? I DON'T KNOW!!! I've been so busy today, and was finally relaxing, watching tv, and grabbed the jerky. I ate the whole bag, then my mouth felt sorta funny, and I thought, wait a sec, I never checked the ingredients..........sure enough, contains soy AND WHEAT!!!

Do I induce vomiting? Would that help? 'cause I will!!! Seriously, I'm scared, I don't need this right now. I also gave blood today, so I'm already not 100%. I work at 1130 tomorrow morning, and I'm worried I'm going to be really ill! I almost lost my job the last time I took a Sunday off....why is it always Sundays? Strange. ANYWAYS.............

WHAT DO I DO???!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lucydesi

Lucydesi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

We all do it but it will become more of a habit to read labels. I really like Align - the probiotic from Proctor and Gamble. You can get it any where but it is expensive. I don't give blood any more although I would like to. It just makes me too tired. Don't induce vomiting . . . you will just have to gut it out if you will excuse the pun. :rolleyes: Really try Align and I am not a paid spokesperson.

#3 annegirl

annegirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

Sorry!!!! :( That sucks big time. The only thing I do that helps is drink lots and lots of peppermint tea. For some reason it soothes my whole body's yucky feeling.....and I don't really get horrible gastric reactions.

Feel better! Don't beat yourself up too bad. It's hard to get used to being so vigilant about food all the time.
Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn, Coffee, Caffeine, Pork Freeeeeee

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

#4 Strawberry_Jam

Strawberry_Jam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

inducing vomiting will make things worse. It'll really damage your esophagus and your teeth as well. And it won't prevent the reaction either...

gluten-free 25 Feb 2011
soy-free 30 March 2011

dairy-free 30 August 2011 (roughly)

25 yrs old
diagnosed Celiac through biopsy and blood test (WAY positive) as of 25 Feb 2011

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

CRAP!!!! I can't believe I just did this!!! My bf brought me some beef jerky, and I didn't even THINK to look at the ingredients...why?? I DON'T KNOW!!! I've been so busy today, and was finally relaxing, watching tv, and grabbed the jerky. I ate the whole bag, then my mouth felt sorta funny, and I thought, wait a sec, I never checked the ingredients..........sure enough, contains soy AND WHEAT!!!

Do I induce vomiting? Would that help? 'cause I will!!! Seriously, I'm scared, I don't need this right now. I also gave blood today, so I'm already not 100%. I work at 1130 tomorrow morning, and I'm worried I'm going to be really ill! I almost lost my job the last time I took a Sunday off....why is it always Sundays? Strange. ANYWAYS.............

WHAT DO I DO???!!

Milk of magnesia to get it out faster, and Pepto Bismol to reduce the irritation. And lots of water.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 healinginprogress

healinginprogress

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Ok, thanks, guys, I'll have to stock up on some of those items. I panicked, so I did induce vomiting, but I won't next time. My reaction wasn't that intense, although very very very bad headache the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: