2 replies to this topic

#1 ThePurlQueen

ThePurlQueen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

I have an appointment in the morning with my family doc and want to be sure I ask for all of the correct blood tests. I would hope she'll know, but you know, just in case :) I don't want there to be any doubt, I want any test she can order lol

Also, anything specific I should ask about? I am taking along my history and notes about Celiac's. Again, I would hope she's a little knowledgeable, but I am not taking any chances. I want to be sure she knows I am serious and why. She's a great doctor, I don't think I will have to fight hard or anything, I guess I am just nervous about pleading my case for these tests.

Also, as far as I can tell being pregnant will not have any effect on the outcome of the tests right?
Kendra

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Igg postive

Igg postive

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Here are some of the Celiac blood tests below. I donít know how they would be affected by whether you are pregnant or not. You should ask your doctor.

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG

Endomysial Antibody IgA

Immunoglubulin A

There are other tests that others can add in their comments such as Genetic testing, etc. It can amount to a lot of $ís. I hope you get the answers you need for healing. Let us know how your doctors visit turns out.

#3 ThePurlQueen

ThePurlQueen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thank you!

The appointment went well. She, of course, thought it sounded like IBS, but also said it was smart to test for Celiac with the other symptoms. She said obviously we couldn't do the endoscope until after I had the baby. I am not sure if I would even want to have it if the blood tests are positive. I've never been sedated before and it kinda scares me honestly. She went ahead and checked my thyroid again too since they were already drawing blood, but it was normal just last summer.

They drew the blood and now I guess I wait. I know it depends on lab probably, but about how long does do people typically get results back?
Kendra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: