5 replies to this topic

#1 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

Hey all-- well, next Thursday I am meeting with someone from the Corporate office of Marsh Supermarkets, one of the larger midwest grocery chains. I am excited about the meeting :) One of things we are going to discuss is how Marsh can spread the word on the new gluten-free products they are carrying. I have thought of some ideas, but wanted to see if you all had additional ones. Some of my ideas: have a flyers in store/on display, post list on their website, disperse list to local support groups, get list posted on different listservs, try and get their list handed out in celiac starter packets (ie. from a dietician), pass out at health fairs/screenings, get on the clan thompson gluten-free palm software... Anyone have other ideas ??? Thanks all!! So far my letter writing campaign is going well :) I am hoping this meeting will help get an article in the Indianapolis Star too...
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

Do they have weekly flyers in the newspaper? Or in the mail? They could promo some of the new products with the words Gluten Free to spotight them.
I believe in God.

#3 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

Hi Jen!

I think it would be a good idea to print off this article for your meeting;

http://www.celiac.co...-15105168885.1f

That would be a good wake up article for them to realize that we are a rather large untapped market.....

Perhaps suggest to them that they put on a bulletin board or advertise somewhere in their store (preferrably close to the gluten free section), that "We at Marsh Supermarkets are constantly trying to be innovative in supplying our customers with the most extensive selection of products based on what is required in our ever changing world. We are now proud to offer our new gluten free section for those with celiac disease and gluten intolerence."

They can then have posted beside that an article about celiac disease being much more prevalent than previously believed......

This will make them look like they are on the cutting edge of the market and "one step ahead" of their competition...... It will make them look like they aren't just sitting back on their hynies and listening to the cash registers roll, but actually "out there" looking for new ways to better serve their customers......

Hope this helps and good luck!

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#4 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for the ideas ! My meeting was actually moved to next Thursday, but that gives me some time to whip up a spectacular, yet subtle presentation :)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#5 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

I know its been awhile but how did the presentation go?

#6 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:17 PM

Gosh, Jen, I guess I missed this because I wasn't on line yet. Was still getting the dx.
Yes, how did it go? Were you well rec'd? Have they followed through?
My store, Martindale's is doing such a great job and their 'outstanding' gluten-free products are flooding the store :)
Judy in Philly
Judy in Southern CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: