Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Controversial Facebook Post By Chef

125 posts in this topic

What a perfect @$$h01e. :angry:

Ads by Google:

I would like to say....

Our Kharma ran over his Dogma!

:lol::rolleyes:

And given HIS stance, maybe Dr. Oz can hire him as his personal Chef!! :lol::ph34r:

From reading reviews of Florindo's, it appears that Mr. Cardone was not the chef at all (the chef would be Florindo himself), but a waiter!!! So maybe he should be reported to whatever association governs waiters if there is such a place.(sorry, can't post a link any way I try it, but this was a review for Florindo's:

" Brooklyn, NY

3/30/2011 I just phoned the restaurant. He was let go about two weeks ago. After his rant was put up. The woman says the phone has been ringing today non-stop. She says the owner, Florindo, is the chef and this Damian Cardone was only a waiter. Of course, he still could have submitted the order to the kitchen with wheat pasta as the order.

From reading reviews of Florindo's, it appears that Mr. Cardone was not the chef at all (the chef would be Florindo himself), but a waiter!!! So maybe he should be reported to whatever association governs waiters if there is such a place.(sorry, can't post a link any way I try it, but this was a review for Florindo's:

" Brooklyn, NY

3/30/2011 I just phoned the restaurant. He was let go about two weeks ago. After his rant was put up. The woman says the phone has been ringing today non-stop. She says the owner, Florindo, is the chef and this Damian Cardone was only a waiter. Of course, he still could have submitted the order to the kitchen with wheat pasta as the order.

Or done it at a previous resturaunt that he cooked at. However, Florindo's isn't going to want to say they let him cook because they are responsible for thier employess actions. It is thier fault if they didn't check on his work.

I was going to say yesterday ANYONE can create a false resume, but decided not to say that and sound so cynical... :lol: ah well. ....he's TOAST now :lol: (not gluten free ) and if he is prosecuted, all the better.

I see it made the news (admin posted it)

what a sad little man.....

Or done it at a previous resturaunt that he cooked at. However, Florindo's isn't going to want to say they let him cook because they are responsible for thier employess actions. It is thier fault if they didn't check on his work.

Sounds like they are pulling a CYA. The pictures he had of the restaurant show him wearing a chef's coat.

oh boy....this story gets better and better....a double order of lawsuits, anyone?? :D

WOW! the more I read in the wake of the uproar he created, the more I applaud the gluten-free community (YAAY!!) and the fast shut-down of this guy's maniacal rants...talk about strength in numbers...

We can only hope that this will result in restaurants taking people with food allergies more seriously.

What is his facebook? i clicked the link and it isnt working and i also searched him but couldn't find him!

His facebook profile has been removed completely.

What is his facebook? i clicked the link and it isnt working and i also searched him but couldn't find him!

I think he deleted it because of all the negative attention he received! :)

Search up in this thread, I think someone posted a screen shot of his Facebook page. But I've also seen screen shots on others' blogs. It's out there, and it's not going away.

once you go viral...it's hard to "take it back"...he can run, but he can't hide....scurry, little mouse, scurry....!! :lol:

BTW, he trashed EVERYONE on his page, not just us...he is one angry, messed up dude....sad...

This is great! They actually tried to locate him to interview him. Just from looking at his FB page before he took it down it appears he moved back to Pawcatuck (Pascatuck? not sure of the spelling) New Jersey. He graduated from High School there so it's his home town apparently. Anyone care to alert the media of his new whereabouts? I would love to hear him try to explain himself....

This is great! They actually tried to locate him to interview him. Just from looking at his FB page before he took it down it appears he moved back to Pawcatuck (Pascatuck? not sure of the spelling) New Jersey. He graduated from High School there so it's his home town apparently. Anyone care to alert the media of his new whereabouts? I would love to hear him try to explain himself....

Gee, I am no techie, but I would think one TWEET or one Facebook post from someone would start that ball rolling.....does anyone do either of those??

Well we already know he is "Gluten Intolerant" :angry::ph34r: but seriously, I was thinking today that he prolly is Celiac and has been getting glutened constantly at work and doesn't know his horrible moods and irritability are stemming from his undiagnosed Celiac/Gluten Intolerance....and he is having the neurological symptoms I get...irritability with everyone and really bad moods. :o

Wow! If he is...where will he find a support group? :huh:

I had to do a few things this morning but came back and did a bit more googling. He appears to work for a restaurant called Beau Jo's in Glenwood Springs Colorado. If you look he is mentioned on this page,

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Beau.Jos.Pizza.970-928-0934/review/list

http://www.beaujos.com/

They have a bunch of gluten-free items on their menu... Looks like a chain. I imagine they would love to know about this fabulous chef who is a part time doctor/psychiatrist since apparently he knows better than his customers if they do have in fact celiac disease. I wonder how many people have left there and been sick for days or had vacations ruined because of him.

Here is a quote from their site..."Our commitment to you, our customers, neighbors, friends and employees is that we will operate in a socially responsible manner. Creating the highest quality food along with healthy options and choices for those with dietary challenges."

I am just appalled, I've never eaten there, don't even know this guy other than the comment a friend made and it still has me incensed over it. I know only too well how it is to be glutened when eating out. It isn't a trivial thing in the least.

Mr. Cardone is not employed at any Beau Jo's restaurant. Our Glenwood Springs restaurant, where Mr. Cardone was briefly employed in early 2008, has been closed for almost a year. During the short time that he was employed at the Glenwood Springs restaurant, we received no reports of gluten poisoning. As many of our gluten intolerant patrons know, we take extremely thorough and careful measures to insure the quality and edibility of our products to all of our customers. We are remarkably aware of the issues confronting those who are gluten intolerant due to lifelong friendships with several people who suffer this unfortunate affliction. We offer a limited number of gluten-free products that we are confident will not be harmful to our friends and other members of the public. The despicable comments made by Mr. Cardone were posted almost 3 years after he was terminated at our company. The statement he made clearly demonstrate that he never engaged in these activities while at Beau Jo's since we are unable and unwilling to offer a gluten free pasta due to the possibility of contamination with products that contain gluten. We currently have gluten free pizza and sandwiches. The sandwich bread and the pizza crust are made by "Deby's Gluten Free". Our procedures for preparation are designed to prevent cross contamination, are strict and they are followed by our kitchen staff.

Wow!! The news story is fantastic! I hope they keep going and track him down in NJ!!

Is anyone here mildly annoyed by the statements made by the journalist and physician focusing on the minor issues with only a passing reference to the "oh by the way..it can lead to cancer, etc" as a mere afterthought? It almost makes me cringe when the "experts" seem so much like the doctors I would have avoided after I knew better. Maybe I am just being extra sensitive this morning. I think the public face of education in this matter should focus on the systemic impact of long term exposure and not the "potty" issues that make this easy to mock. What about the supposition put forth that for every cross contamination exposure it has the potential to put gut healing back 3-6 months? Just saying.

CS

Well we already know he is "Gluten Intolerant" :angry::ph34r: but seriously, I was thinking today that he prolly is Celiac and has been getting glutened constantly at work and doesn't know his horrible moods and irritability are stemming from his undiagnosed Celiac/Gluten Intolerance....and he is having the neurological symptoms I get...irritability with everyone and really bad moods. :o

Wow! If he is...where will he find a support group? :huh:

Meatie girl!

Great minds think alike. ;) that's exactly what I was saying!!! :D ...I mean, really...he is pretty IRRITABLE!! (of course, I tend to think all irritable people I know may be celiacs)...LOL LOL

Is anyone here mildly annoyed by the statements made by the journalist and physician focusing on the minor issues with only a passing reference to the "oh by the way..it can lead to cancer, etc" as a mere afterthought? It almost makes me cringe when the "experts" seem so much like the doctors I would have avoided after I knew better. Maybe I am just being extra sensitive this morning. I think the public face of education in this matter should focus on the systemic impact of long term exposure and not the "potty" issues that make this easy to mock. What about the supposition put forth that for every cross contamination exposure it has the potential to put gut healing back 3-6 months? Just saying.

CS

BRAVO!!! I feel the same way!!! Thanks for saying this!!

I can't wrap my brain around it sometimes---how I have been affected from head to toe, inside and out, dozens of debilitating symptoms that were leading me to a wheelchair, a mental health ward or a coffin, had I not been so persistent.....the potty issue is just a fraction of all that has happened to me and that was pretty bad in itself. And you are also correct when you say that even those who DO have a bit of understanding (i.e. doctors <_< ) of the issue never look beyond the GI symptoms. It's just wrong. Had I listened to the dozens of "experts" I consulted in the last 12 years or so, I would have just continued to take the drugs they push for symptom management and have developed MORE autoimmune diseases (like the rest of my family) or be dead by now.

I am just one of millions---look at all of us on here!!

If the medical community doesn't really GET IT, how can we expect the rest of the people to understand it either?

Because of ALL the body systems involved, it is EXACTLY why it takes so long for diagnosis.

There needs to be a better understanding of gluten intolerance/celiac.

Maybe this controversy will make that happen.I hope someone with some clout will issue press releases and seize this opportunity. We can only hope.

I am just one of millions---look at all of us on here!!

If the medical community doesn't really GET IT, how can we expect the rest of the people to understand it either?

Because of ALL the body systems involved, it is EXACTLY why it takes so long for diagnosis.

There needs to be a better understanding of gluten intolerance/celiac.

Profound!