#16 judysj

judysj

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

He appears to be unemployed...

His FB page has a pic of him (January 21 I believe) in a chef's uniform in a kitchen...looks to stocked to be a home kitchen. ???

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GlutenGladi8or

GlutenGladi8or

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Perhaps if he is a disbeliever in the effects that gluten/wheat has on us Celiacs, then we can set up a test as HIS house. He can observe our behaviors first hand.

Oh and yes, dear chef, this IS a recipe for a lot of clean up that will prove our point.
Brian Gansmann
20+ years of Food Marketing Experience
Specializing in Organic & All Natural Foods

#18 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

I want to slap this guy. I know, I know. Bad, but I do. Seriously, lets give peanuts to someone with a peanut allergy, all in their head right? Peanuts have been around for thousands of years...Dude, that isn't a valid arguement. Cancer has been around for thousands of years, doesn't mean it's good for you. Wow, people like this guy make me afraid to eat out even more now. But I don't understand why he would do this, why would he care..it's not his decision on what his customers eat. Does he feed a vegan, meat or dairy? And why do it? Because you can? Grrr. :ph34r:

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#19 Jenny (AZ via TX)

Jenny (AZ via TX)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

I had to read this a couple of times because I couldn't believe someone could do this. I am absolutely disgusted. It's hard enough to eat out just worrying about CC. Now there's some jerk deliberately giving people gluten when they have requested something gluten free. I did google him, but not much info came up on him. I am still in disbelief and saddened that this guy deliberately lied to his customers and put their health at risk.
Jenny
(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008
Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08
Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08
Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

#20 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

I hope that he can soon realize the importance of why people maintain a gluten free diet and respond appropriately to their needs. He needs a lot of education regarding Celiac.

#21 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

I don't know who would want to eat anything this guy cooked anyhow! He sounds so bitter and unhappy. Are there any people dining at his restaurant that he doesn't think he is better than? Anyone he doesn't feel the need to make fun of? Dining out is expensive and for a lot of people it is a treat! They shouldn't feel like they have to buy new clothes or be embarrassed to order water instead of paying $10+ for a cocktail!!! Most of all they shouldn't have to worry about eating something that will damage their digestive tract and cause them a week or more of illness and discomfort! This disgusts me and makes me afraid to trust chefs!!!

This guy shouldn't even be allowed to work at a fast food restaurant!!!

#22 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Well we all know what happened to the bakery guy in NC. So if he keeps it up he will seal his own fate too.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#23 AmyNColorado

AmyNColorado

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Oh Man! Good to know, Beau Jo's Pizza is in Denver, Boulder and Idaho Springs (maybe you got these two confused). People keep telling me they now have gluten-free Pizza and thankfully I've not eaten there yet. I get a bit outta control with gluten-free pizza because I love it so much...I tend to eat the whole thing!! But thats besides the point. Thanks for the heads up.

#24 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Well we all know what happened to the bakery guy in NC. So if he keeps it up he will seal his own fate too.

I don't :unsure: ...please, tell me! I'm curious.

And, as for this guy---he sounds like he has serious anger issues. Gee, angry outbursts are a sign of food intolerances....Maybe HE needs to be gluten free :blink: :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#25 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

I don't :unsure: ...please, tell me! I'm curious.

And, as for this guy---he sounds like he has serious anger issues.ee, angry outbursts are a sign of food intolerances....Maybe HE needs to be gluten free :blink: :lol:

That must have been the guy who was bagging up wheat bread in gluten free wrappers and selling it as gluten free bread... and when people turned up sick... they started investigating and found out what he was doing! I'd have loved to be face to face w/ that jerk.

All that said, I told my 3 gluten-free daughters about this guy and my oldest DD is sort of making it her mission to have the guy tarred and feathered! If people at his gluten-laden gluten-free pasta and got sick... I'd think they'd have a good case in court against the a$$hole.
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#26 justanothertra

justanothertra

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

I admit it. I sent the idiot a private message...I am so ANGRY! (bear with me as I am pretty new to my tentative diagnosis) Here it is:

I just saw your post about Gluten Free eating. I am awaiting my testing results for Celiac Disease, which is an autoimmune disorder...people with this condition suffer immensely when the villi lining the small intestine cave inward and cannot absorb nutrients because of the gluten, which is a "trigger". When it happens to me, I go through horrible sickness and pain...within hours of eating anything containing gluten, once it reaches my small intestine, I get VERY ILL. I was sick for YEARS before it was determined that gluten was the problem. Took it out of my diet, I am no longer sick 24/7/365. If I accidentally "get glutened", I KNOW it even if I'm told it's "clean"...because of the immeasurable pain and illness I feel for DAYS after the incident. You are putting the health of your customers at risk EVERY TIME you sub gluten-free for gluten containing. And why? Because you think it is FUNNY? Nothing ever happens WHILE THEY ARE STILL IN YOUR RESTAURANT maybe...but go home with the people you are POISONING and see what happens a couple of hours later. YOU are the idiot. Do your research man. Really. Live MY life for a few days when I get gluten contaminated.

Wow.

You posted:

Damian Cardone
Gluten free is BS!! Flour and bread have been a staple of life for thousands, THOUSANDS of years. People who claim to be gluten intolorent dont realize that its all in there disturbed liitle heads. People ask me for gluten free pasta in my restaurant all the time, I tell em sure, Then I serve serve em our pasta, Which I make from scratch with high gluten flour. And you know what? nothing, NOTHING! ever happens! People leave talking about how good they feel gluten free and guess what, They just had a full dose! Idiots!

I always wondered how much some chef's cared about making something safe for a celiac. I was talking to a friend this morning and she mentioned a facebook post from someone she knew and how he would give people asking for gluten free food regular pasta. I'm not normally so quick to post this but if you look at where he has worked you can see he has has some serious training. Here's the link to his post:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001260439226&sk=wall

and here is his post....

Damian Cardone
Gluten free is bullXXX!! Flour and bread have been a staple of life for thousands, THOUSANDS of years. People who claim to be gluten intolorent dont realize that its all in there disturbed liitle heads. People ask me for gluten free pasta in my restaurant all the time, I tell em sure, Then I serve serve em our pasta, Which I make from scratch with high gluten flour. And you know what? nothing, NOTHING! ever happens! People leave talking about how good they feel gluten free and guess what, They just had a full dose! Idiots!

Here's his info on his profile...
Damian J. Cardone has apprienticed under Swiss, Master Chef Kurt Wigger. Damian was the Executive Chef at the Sopris Chalet, Restaurant, Aspen, Co. Executive Banquet Chef at the Tavern on the Green N.Y.C.
After apprienticing under Master Chef Kurt Wigger, Switzerland. Whom, was the last person to study under Du Franze, who was the last person on earth to study under Georges Agustus Esscoffier.
Spending time between Aspen and NYC. In 05 and 06, Damian upheld the position as the wedding/banquet Chef at the Tavern on the Green. Has apeared on Regis and Kelli, Project Runway, numerous P.B.S. segments. Personally cooked for Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Tom Hanks, Segourney Weaver, and George Clooney. Currently resides in Glenwood Springs Colorado as a private chef for hire, and learning how to make tacos.

I am not a friend of his, it is all out there for the world to see, for now anyhow. I have to say I am amazed at the anger and the stupidity of his post. I would love to know where he is working right now and let them know about it. And we wonder why we react sometimes when we eat out....

#27 ElseB

ElseB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

This man shouldn't be allowed in or near any food established EVER AGAIN. This is scary......if I ever find out where he's working I will be sure to find out his bosses know about his post.

#28 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

That must have been the guy who was bagging up wheat bread in gluten free wrappers and selling it as gluten free bread... and when people turned up sick... they started investigating and found out what he was doing! I'd have loved to be face to face w/ that jerk.

All that said, I told my 3 gluten-free daughters about this guy and my oldest DD is sort of making it her mission to have the guy tarred and feathered! If people at his gluten-laden gluten-free pasta and got sick... I'd think they'd have a good case in court against the a$$hole.

Yep the guy in Raleigh, NC.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#29 cassP

cassP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

wowwwwwwww... i am going to sound unchristian big time in a sec... but his post was so reckless and evil, that i almost hope he has silent celiac :blink:

that was really really mean, i know, Lord forgive me... but i am so ENRAGED
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

#30 cassP

cassP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

im sorry- but u know what- this guy needs to be reported. somehow- this has to be in the open. just like if a doctor did something grossly negligent-
1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens
2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.
no biopsy (insurance denied)
6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302
HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)
7/2010- 100% Gluten Free
8/2010- DH
10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: