#46 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

This is from the Gluten free girl & the chef:

Danny called Florinda's in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, the last restaurant where that awful chef worked. As soon as he said the name, the owner shouted, "Sir, he has not worked here since March 15th!" Don't call them. It's not their fault.

Just spoke with the Editor of the Glenwood Springs Newspaper, the Post Independent, she is working on finding this Damian Cardone, to write an article about his blog, but personally we did better, we have contacted a large Chef's Association, and this man will never work in our industry again... guess he should try ditch digging, he cant hurt anyone there!
39 minutes ago

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Here is a North Carolina Case (via Liz):

http://www.newsobser...ll-jury-is.html
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#48 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

This is from the Gluten free girl & the chef:

Danny called Florinda's in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, the last restaurant where that awful chef worked. As soon as he said the name, the owner shouted, "Sir, he has not worked here since March 15th!" Don't call them. It's not their fault.

Just spoke with the Editor of the Glenwood Springs Newspaper, the Post Independent, she is working on finding this Damian Cardone, to write an article about his blog, but personally we did better, we have contacted a large Chef's Association, and this man will never work in our industry again... guess he should try ditch digging, he cant hurt anyone there!
39 minutes ago

Hmmm...Hasn't worked there since March 15th yet the offensive post was made on March 10th when he WAS working there. Sounds like he got caught. I'm glad to read that people in the know are contacting the local press and chef associations. This guy should never be allowed to work in the food industry again.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#49 clara

clara

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I wanted to add that I live in Colorado and have eaten at Beau Jo's many, many times. They take gluten VERY seriously and I can't imagine any way this person could work there. I feel safe at Beau Jo's and if any of you visit, you should give it a try. It's a great place to have a beer and pizza after hiking, biking, or skiing.

(Although, I prefer Sweet Escapes, Udi's, or Three Sisters pizza crusts to Beau Jo's in this area.)

#50 msmini14

msmini14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

I have been following this on Facebook and just can't believe this guy. I hope he is happy with himself since I assume he has ruined his career.
It is sad, like we don't have enough to worry about when we eat out, now we have chefs purposely trying to make us sick. You know this guy isn't the only one, he is just the only one who made a public comment and got caught.

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

#51 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Just checked his FB. He has tried to post a pic that shows he has private messages in the 100's.

Looks like he took the post off. That's probably it for criminal prosecution if the DA hasn't seen it.

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

#52 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

Just checked his FB. He has tried to post a pic that shows he has private messages in the 100's.

Looks like he took the post off. That's probably it for criminal prosecution if the DA hasn't seen it.

There are lots of screen shots of it though. Are screen shots not admissible in court? I wonder how long it will be before he locks down his FB or removes his account completely. A simple googling of his name leads here also so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a user name soon and starts replying to this thread...
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#53 playin_d_fiddle

playin_d_fiddle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

Wouldn't that be interesting....

-------------------------------------------
Diagnosed Celiac June 2007
Gluten-free from that moment to this

Life is so much better with better food.

#54 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

There are lots of screen shots of it though. Are screen shots not admissible in court? I wonder how long it will be before he locks down his FB or removes his account completely. A simple googling of his name leads here also so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a user name soon and starts replying to this thread...

Not our screen shots. The DA could subpoena from FB but its a bit hard to prosecute. I think the local paper doing a story is good & he has been reported to the Chef organization.

This just posted on gluten-free girl FB:

I understand why people are upset. But please take a big breath and remain calm. The owner of Florinda's said that Damien Cardone has not worked there since March 15th. He does not work at Beau Jo's (it's closed). Tavern on the Green closed. Do... NOT write bad reviews on Yelp or anywhere else. This is really a story about food service in general. Danny and I both think he's done with any kind of food service now.

LTES

#55 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

His entire FB acct is gone now.

#56 clara

clara

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

It has been reported to our Denver Metro ABCnews affiliate, too, and it sounds like they're looking into it, too.

#57 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

His entire FB acct is gone now.

That didn't take long. I don't think it matters however. This story has just about gone viral.

Some blog posts I found with a quick search:

http://www.foodista....en-free-diners/

http://www.thegluten...mian-j-cardone/

http://glutenfreeg.b...luten-free.html

http://canweeatthat....ntolerance.html

http://zenfullydelic...rd-hospitality/

#58 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

I find the whole subsequent series of events highly amusing. Hey, if social media can reshape countries it can surely take down one really bad chef.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#59 RebeccaLynn

RebeccaLynn

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

DOUUUUUCHEBAAAAAAG!!!!!
Dairy Free since 1997
Gluten Free Oct 2010

#60 RebeccaLynn

RebeccaLynn

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Seriously can't believe this guy! He calls himself a "chef" but flaunts his idiocy when people trust him with their health. I went out to my first restaurant a few days ago since being diagnosed, and THANKFULLY had a good experience, though I am not sure I have ever been so anxious from a meal in my life. I was expecting agony that night & the next day. Happy that I had a responsible Chef at Mimi's Cafe!
Dairy Free since 1997
Gluten Free Oct 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: